Chess and Cherries - Would you like to play for us?

nimzo

Reserves
This may be of interest to you if you play - no matter at what standard. I run a Bournemouth fans' group on a free chess website called chess.com. Amongst other things, our team plays against football fans' groups from England and abroad. We're just beginning a new season in the Global Football League, and will be playing against supporters teams from the likes of Partizan Belgrade, Real Betis and Manchester United etc.

Please let me know if you think you might be interested in joining your fellow chess-playing Cherries, and I'll give you more details.

Thanks Ben - And happy new year.

Last edited:
Thanks Herbs and drd. No worries about rustiness - this will be a good way of shaking away the cobwebs. I'll send you both messages saying what to do next.

Is the group just called AFC Bournemouth? If so, I've just joined and signed up for the match against FC Beroe. I'm also Red_Kettle on chess.com.

Nimzo's club on chess.com is a very successful one. There is also a Dorset club/team, that plays in the county championship league and really could do with some more members.

If you live in Dorset, were born in Dorset, have holidayed in Dorset, went to school in Dorset, have drunk Dorset Tea, or eaten a Dorset Knob biscuit, please feel free to join. All standards are welcome and are catered for, as all teams have players of all levels and ages. If you play, you will be matched with somebody of your ability.

https://www.chess.com/club/team-dorset
https://www.chess.com/club/afc-bournemouth

I'm very interested! How do I sign up?

Click on one of the links above and you'll be taken to the club page(s). If you have a chess.com account, you can just join the club.
Otherwise, register an account and then click on the link(s) for the clubs and join.
Dorset is in dire need of more members.

This may be of interest to you if you play - no matter at what standard. I run a Bournemouth fans' group on a free chess website called chess.com. Amongst other things, our team plays against football fans' groups from England and abroad. We're just beginning a new season in the Global Football League, and will be playing against supporters teams from the likes of Partizan Belgrade, Real Betis and Manchester United etc.

Please let me know if you think you might be interested in joining your fellow chess-playing Cherries, and I'll give you more details.

Thanks Ben - And happy new year.
Is it blitz... rapid or daily?

;