Chris Hughton

The PL is a funny place to be... Whilst you could argue that steering BHA to safety is an achievement in itself, however, their record of late is not good...

But then you look at our last 23 games (that seemed to be the span of games that Hughton was being judged on by the BBC article) and we've only won a couple more, yet the thought of EH being sacked is unthinkable...

I do think we are still ahead of BHA in terms of PL stability, but still... I'm slightly surprised at this...

Last edited:
steve-mcclaren-pulling-face-newcastle-united-nufc-405x540.jpg

Where's Wally?

Not really a surprise given the more recent murmurings of discontent from the playing squad over his defensive style. I’m not really sure who can come in and do any better with what is currently a limited squad with a top scorer who can’t have too much left in him at this level.

Possibly a blessing in disguise for Hughton, they have an important summer of recruitment ahead of them and his signings last summer hardly set the world alight this season. Imagine he will end up at one of the numerous championship/league 1 clubs who don’t achieve their goals this season/early next and think they should be in the Prem (WBA, Villa, Forest, Stoke, Sunderland, Pompey etc) and do well for himself (again).

Edit to add, please let the replacement be Mark Hughes :)

Last edited:
My guess to replace him will be either David Wagner or Slavisa Jokanovic. With Jokanovic slight favourite

I think they'll be hoping for bigger names. They're obviously ambitious, have facilities, and a bit of dosh.

;