Chris Kavanagh Referee

leekeypants

First Team
Was it just me or does anyone else think the referee had a pretty good game on Sunday apart from the handball decision in the firs 5 minutes. (blame the lineo) Leeds didn't put up much of a fight considering what was riding on the result. Kavanagh wont have a much easier game to referee the rest of the season and only Adam Smith was booked, shows just how tame it all was.

Was it just me or does anyone else think the referee had a pretty good game on Sunday apart from the handball decision in the firs 5 minutes. (blame the lineo) Leeds didn't put up much of a fight considering what was riding on the result. Kavanagh wont have a much easier game to referee the rest of the season and only Adam Smith was booked, shows just how tame it all was.
He didn't do a bad job. Thought that one of the Leeds players was pretty lucky not to get booked for a similar one to Smith. But one of the better ones.

Though the handball was harsh from a range of less than a yard.. but that was a really good use of VAR, and exactly what it is there for. He seemed very hesitant on giving the penalty, presumeably due to the in/out of box question.

Overall thought he had a decent game.

Perfect referee consistency this season. He would have got high marks for it.

Ignore Leeds pulling down Bournemouth players trying to break away with the ball, stopping a counter attack. First Bournemouth player to do so gets a yellow. So hes right in line with the ref decisions all season.

Ball smacked at point blank range at a Bournemouth players arm... thats a pen that is. If the opposition use the ball to either play volleyball or block a goal bound ball...thats fair game. Awesome consistent reffing across all our games this season.

That's all we asked for isn't it? Consistency?

Though the handball was harsh from a range of less than a yard.. but that was a really good use of VAR, and exactly what it is there for. He seemed very hesitant on giving the penalty, presumeably due to the in/out of box question.

Overall thought he had a decent game.
Wasn’t very clear on MOTD but did he actually give a penalty which got overturned by VAR?

What I don't understand is why, when both ref and linesman visibly had no idea what to do about the handball shout, rather than err on side of caution, the default outcome is penalty against Bournemouth. Then see if VAR can find clear fault to say otherwise (in this instance the simple fact it was outside the box, even if we ignore the merits of handball). Doesn't seem to be the way it's been handled on numerous other occasions, and it's getting increasingly difficult not to resent it.

What I don't understand is why, when both ref and linesman visibly had no idea what to do about the handball shout, rather than err on side of caution, the default outcome is penalty against Bournemouth. Then see if VAR can find clear fault to say otherwise (in this instance the simple fact it was outside the box, even if we ignore the merits of handball). Doesn't seem to be the way it's been handled on numerous other occasions, and it's getting increasingly difficult not to resent it.

I thought the ref had made the decision that it was handball and was simply asking the lino whether it was in the box or not. Can't argue with that tbf.

I thought he was quite poor as are the majority of the PL refs . The penalty decision was laughable . He simply didn't have a clue whether it was or wasn't so just gave it . Inconsistent decisions on fouls. I'd give him a mediocre 5/10. For the supposed best league in the world the quality of officials falls very short of the mark.

;