Christmas Eve update

He said no 4pm, or close to 4pm KO.
4 slots this be filled that weekend.
Fixture announcement to be delayed up to 1 week for those fixtures up to Christmas period.
A possible further week for Christmas and January fixtures

3pm it will be then.

Christmas Eve on a Sunday so can't imagine there will be much public transport running.

They are Liverpool’s visit to Arsenal; Leicester City against Manchester United; and Everton against Chelsea.

The broadcaster is still in discussions with the Premier League and the clubs over its selection. It is impossible under current arrangements to move the Sky game to Saturday because that is when BT Sport have the key 5.30pm slot, a dual domestic rights-ownership issue that has never before arisen in the Premier League’s history.

Scudamore told the supporters’ groups that he did not expect a Christmas schedule to be agreed under Oct 19.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/10/10/premier-league-match-christmas-eve-will-not-take-place-4pm/

There are some inaccuracies in that report Billy.
Firstly, the Premier League fixtures for the Xmas weekend are not likely to be announced until after the 19th and probably nearer the 26th, with TV fixtures before the Xmas weekend being announced by the 19th.
At the meeting, all fixtures were still under consideration for TV, with a variety of obstacles in the way.

26th? ffs. I am sitting here watching my flights home for Christmas go up about £15 per day because I want to know about NYD. Surely they know the others and could release them!

Silent AFCB - 17/10/2017 11:25

26th? ffs. I am sitting here watching my flights home for Christmas go up about £15 per day because I want to know about NYD. Surely they know the others and could release them!

I have almost given up on matches over Christmas now. By the time the fixtures get released there will be no affordable tickets left.

I got burned when they shifted Fulham to the Friday night and my ticket was to travel on the Saturday morning. A waste of money and I didn't get to the match as the prices had gone up sooooo much.

I don't care how much money TV puts into football, it's rubbish for supporters to plan ahead.

I heard a rumour that PL are talking to train companies with the idea of implementing a form of concessionary ticket where, if you buy an early train ticket for a game and the game is rescheduled, your ticket will still be valid.
Just a rumour though......

Chubby_Cherry - 17/10/2017 12:22

I heard a rumour that PL are talking to train companies with the idea of implementing a form of concessionary ticket where, if you buy an early train ticket for a game and the game is rescheduled, your ticket will still be valid.

Would be good....Flights as well? Not a chance

Chubby_Cherry - 17/10/2017 11:22

This would be amazing! :thumbsup:
The sort of common sense collaboration usually lacking in many walks of life.
Be nice if the Football League could do something similar when Sky go along and move those games too (although less regular an issue).

Great. Cheap tickets booked - in at 10.28 to make sure there's enough beer gone down to dull the pain of the thrashing

;