Club update PLEASE

rickie

Star Player
Can the club bring the supporters up to date with news on any potential new signings please
We as season ticket holders have shown our commitment to AFCB but it has gone very quiet on in coming players
My concern is the lack of news and the fact that any in coming players will have very little time to get up to speed with our style of play under the new management team
In our case I fear no news is NOT GOOD NEWS
All we as fans ask is some news please

UTCIAD

Why are people obsessed
Can the club bring the supporters up to date with news on any potential new signings please
We as season ticket holders have shown our commitment to AFCB but it has gone very quiet on in coming players
My concern is the lack of news and the fact that any in coming players will have very little time to get up to speed with our style of play under the new management team

UTCIAD

What exactly do you want them to say?

UTCIAD

6 weeks until the transfer window closes

When has our club ever commented on potential new signings? It’s always been a ‘no comment’ and rightly so. Shows a bit of respect to the other club which is important if you want to do business with them again and doesn’t alert the rest of the world to hijacking your deal.

You are not wrong Rickie although I would have expressed your concern a little differently. AFCB is a business operation and ticket purchasers, sponsors and the media are some of the stakeholders of that business.

Its priority is improving the bottom line and increasing the financial return to the business owners. A principal way to do this effective marketing, and the key to this is honest & regular communication with the stakeholders. We will not be told which players are being targeted for purchase until they are signed - that is very reasonable of course. What we should be entitled to though, is a clearer understanding of how the club intends to re-organise and position itself for an immediate return to the EPL (if that is really the goal).

Does it intend to bring-in new players or work with only the current squad, for instance. Many of us might be encouraged by a statement that the club is trying to offer new contracts to key players whose current contract expires next year, and whom we don't really want to sell this year.

I think that much of the supporters' angst arises because there is a fear that so many of our players are being targeted by other clubs and we would be stripped bare in our drive to maximise a financial return. Personally I believe that is far from the truth, yes we will possible lose another player or perhaps two, but our core will remain intact and we will add a key component here or there. I remain quietly optimistic for our future, but as a marketing executive,

I urge AFCB to improve its communication with the stakeholders, to stop taking us for granted and to stop being so naive with its replies to legitimate questions from those of us who care.
BTW, for those who don't know me I have supported this club since seeing my first match in 1961, and we have weathered so many desperate times that today's situation feels like a day at the beach!

Ake sold, his replacement was signed last summer.

Ramsdale was sold, his likely replacement is Travers. A number 2 will come in but isn't urgent.

Francis released but wasn't getting into the team ahead of Mepham or S Cook.

Surman was released but wasn't getting into the team ahead of Lerma, Gosling, Billing or L Cook.

Daniels we're playing the wait and see game on.

Until someone is sold or released that actually needs replacing I don't think we'll be steaming ahead with (m)any buys.

Ake sold, his replacement was signed last summer.

Ramsdale was sold, his likely replacement is Travers. A number 2 will come in but isn't urgent.

Francis released but wasn't getting into the team ahead of Mepham or S Cook.

Surman was released but wasn't getting into the team ahead of Lerma, Gosling, Billing or L Cook.

Daniels we're playing the wait and see game on.

Until someone is sold or released that actually needs replacing I don't think we'll be steaming ahead with (m)any buys.

Added the inclusion of Kilkenny and Oforborh and potentially some other youngsters who could be close to the first team (Saydee?) then we may be lacking on the incoming front.

Of course it seems quiet compared to the past few seasons. But - as mentioned above - AFCB never gives any information about transfer dealings. Best to be patient and see what transpires.

;