Colombian support

northstand pundit

First Team
Did anyone notice the contingent of Colombian supporters in our end at Chelsea wearing the Colombia shirt with AFCB scarf, getting excited whenever Lerma fouled someone or got booked?

Did anyone notice the contingent of Colombian supporters in our end at Chelsea wearing the Colombia shirt with AFCB scarf, getting excited whenever Lerma fouled someone or got booked?

I took a photo of them with their flag before the game. My IT skills are not good enough to put the photo up on here but it's on the AFCB Fans Facebook page.

I saw the Colombian flag.

At half time I was in a queue with two north American chaps, couldn't quite decide from their accent if they were Canadian or American (apologies to Canadians and Americans). They were happy to have a choice of beer other than Bud, so that's all good. I did wonder at first if they were just there for Chelsea, but soon apparent they were Bournemouth fans.

AFCB gone global.

Last edited:
I saw the Colombian flag.

At half time I was in a queue with two north American chaps, couldn't quite decide from their accent if they were Canadian or American (apologies to Canadians and Americans). They were happy to have a choice of beer other than Bud, so that's all good. I did wonder at first if they were just there for Chelsea, but soon apparent they were Bournemouth fans.

AFCB gone global.

https://www.afcb.co.uk/for-fans/int...lubs-and-blogs/international-supporters-clubs

We can travel all the way to England but they won't give us a ticket.
Although there are always lots of empty seats all around the ground.

I know it may not be the same as Dean Court KC but, if you want to see AFCB play, you could probably get a ticket at most away games, as many go on general sale.

:utc:

Not surprising to see Colombian flags.....erm....Lerma is from. erm..Colombia !!! and... given the amount of 'trades ' between our countries...! If he had signed for Stirling Albion or Atherton Collieries Fc that's where the flags will fly!

They were to my left.

There were also some kids in Colombian shirts in block 30 at the Everton game so presume are family.

We can travel all the way to England but they won't give us a ticket.
Although there are always lots of empty seats all around the ground.

See above.

Supporters or Colombian drug barons...?
:party:

I understand why people quote the stereotypes but that is not how most Latin Americans regard Colombia and the Colombians.

For the most part Colombians are regarded as having a strong work ethic and Colombia is now actually quite a stable and relatively prosperous country. What Colombia did have for a long time was an active civil war where both paramilitary sides used drugs money and protection rackets to fund their activities (like Northern Ireland). That made it a very dangerous place to be 25 years ago. Things have moved on and, like Northern Ireland, the reality now is much improved if still not perfect. It would be good to move on from the White Powder jokes.

I understand why people quote the stereotypes but that is not how most Latin Americans regard Colombia and the Colombians.

For the most part Colombians are regarded as having a strong work ethic and Colombia is now actually quite a stable and relatively prosperous country. What Colombia did have for a long time was an active civil war where both paramilitary sides used drugs money and protection rackets to fund their activities (like Northern Ireland). That made it a very dangerous place to be 25 years ago. Things have moved on and, like Northern Ireland, the reality now is much improved if still not perfect. It would be good to move on from the White Powder jokes.
Oh for goodness sake get a life. It was a light-hearted attempt at humour. (You best not read the Afobe thread).

As it happens I have enjoyed giggling along to the Afobe thread. But what made it funny was that the humour was based on individuals and their reported behaviour and choices in life. Not tired old stereotypes. Well apart from the stereotype of a typical Asda customer I suppose.

;