Community and Equality Focus Group meeting

Chubby_Cherry

Star Player
Trust Members, and fellow AFC Bournemouth Supporters, are invited to attend a meeting which will be based around Community and Equality. It will give fans the chance to find out more about its nominated charity, The Cherry Tree Nursery, and how Cherries Trust and the club are supporting the charity, as well as gaining some insight into the work of the Cherries Community Fund and discuss with fans ideas on how this can be further developed.

Steve Cuss, head of AFC Bournemouth Community Trust, will be there to talk about the Community Trusts work across our local community and the positive impact on people’s lives that can be achieved, plus how this links with the club’s equality objectives. Steve would also showcase the progress made around girls and women’s football at the club.

The meeting is planned for Monday November 20th.

Should you be interested, please contact Kerry Smith on the following email address

Kerry.smith@cherriestrust.co.uk

Chubby, the rumour is that the disabled focus group has been scrapped to be replaced by the 'Community & Equality groups. I'm sure that the Trust wouldn't let that happen without any discussion, so could you please give us an update?

If it has, I would have hoped we'd have been informed. Myself and the Good Lady might not have much input at these meetings but it's good to hear first hand from the Club , why they can or can't do things to include everyone. Had we known it was a replacement, we would have moved things around to make sure we could attend.

;