Congrats to Pompey

There was, we drove down from Manchester and plotted up on some shite pub on a corner in town, plenty of afcb in there with a few Pompey, I’d say around 2.15 there was a bit of a scuttle outside but the police stopped it before it got out of hand, there was also an arranged meet further out which a good pal of mine told me afcb came out on top
Apart from stalling on a roundabout just outside Urmston, an uneventful journey, until we were nearly killed by a drugged up moron as we arrived in Fratton.
The photo of us arriving in the stands before the game was the picture on the AFCB ticket website for a few seasons after that day

My only away game at Pompey was a 2-0 win back in the early 80s. Unfortunately I missed both goals having been thrown out by the police for swearing (me and 1500 other Cherries fans so no idea why they picked on me). I was only around 16 and having to hang around outside the ground whilst various ticketless Pompey yobs threatened me is one of my less enjoyable football memories. I still remember the relief of being let back in towards the end of the game.

;