Conor Burns resigns

will be interesting to hear the details of this case if/when it comes out

Who votes for these self serving representatives of the people ?

Ask not what I can do for my country but what my country can do for me.

will be interesting to hear the details of this case if/when it comes out

Here is the report

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm5801/cmselect/cmstandards/212/21203.htm#_idTextAnchor004

Basically this

The complaint to the Commissioner was made by a member of the public, who alleged that Mr Burns had written to him on House-provided stationery to deal with a purely personal family interest; and that Mr Burns was attempting to use parliamentary privilege to secure payment for his father.

Here is the report

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm5801/cmselect/cmstandards/212/21203.htm#_idTextAnchor004

Basically this

The complaint to the Commissioner was made by a member of the public, who alleged that Mr Burns had written to him on House-provided stationery to deal with a purely personal family interest; and that Mr Burns was attempting to use parliamentary privilege to secure payment for his father.

I was wrong then. It wasn't interesting! :sleep:

:utc:

Here is the report

Basically this

Had I pulled a stunt like that, I would expect the GM C to strike me off

Here is the report

Basically this

That is actually pretty disgraceful. He even tried to intimidate the commissioner during her investigation. What a piece of work. There's something extremely satisfying when someone tries to bully someone and it completely blows up in their face.

Whilst scum is a silly word to use you really don't have to look too hard to find MPs that have brought shame to the Bournemouth do you?

if you say so; any examples?
and yes, reading the report, I'd put this burns bloke in the same disgusting human being category as chope (in Christchurch)

if you say so; any examples?
and yes, reading the report, I'd put this burns bloke in the same disgusting human being category as chope (in Christchurch)

What about the bloke he took over from.... John Butterfill who was awarded a knighthood for services to parliament, which allegedly involved lobbying Parliament on behalf any company that paid him a stack of cash.

Or, maybe, the bloke Elwood took over from, who cheated on his missus with Justin Fashnu, was alleged by his son to be a sexual predator among other things.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/11355899.amp/

Pretty despicable behaviour by Burns...

Although, lets face it, he joins a long list of self-serving politicians and councillors of all political persuasions.

The previous scum I was referring to was

John Cordle MP who resigned as Bournemouth East MP in 1977 due to his part in the Poulson financial scandal

Then there was Henry Page Croft who was elected as the Conservative MP for Bournemouth in 1910 but then he joined the extreme National Party whilst he was still a Tory MP. The Lansdowne clock tower which was built when he was MP was also called the Page-Croft Tower in his memory.

Nigel Nicholson Tory MP for Bournemouth East was a better kind of Tory, as he opposed hanging which totally upset the blue rinse Tories of Bournemouth East and they become even more angry when he published Lolita. They refused to back him for the 1959 General Election so he did not stand.

The previous scum I was referring to was

John Cordle MP who resigned as Bournemouth East MP in 1977 due to his part in the Poulson financial scandal

Then there was Henry Page Croft who was elected as the Conservative MP for Bournemouth in 1910 but then he joined the extreme National Party whilst he was still a Tory MP. The Lansdowne clock tower which was built when he was MP was also called the Page-Croft Tower in his memory.

Nigel Nicholson Tory MP for Bournemouth East was a better kind of Tory, as he opposed hanging which totally upset the blue rinse Tories of Bournemouth East and they become even more angry when he published Lolita. They refused to back him for the 1959 General Election so he did not stand.

Yeah that Nicholson sounds like real scum. Opposed hanging, didn't back the government over Suez and published a book. Dreadful. :unsure:

;