Contracts Extended

paulfrank

Star Player
If I have read it correctly, FIFA have/will approve a plan whereby players whose contracts expire on 30th June can/ will have their contracts extended until the season ‘finishes’ properly.

So does that mean that certain of our players who want to leave, or the club wants them to leave on 30 June, will HAVE to extend their contracts. ? More expenditure for the club to absorb. Do we really need to change a legal contract to suit the football authorities.

Surely a contract will have a finite end date, under normal contract law.

Wonder how wee man will feel if he had to prolong his stay at afcb and also take a pay cut?

When Ibe scores a 140 second hat-trick after coming on in the 85th minute of our last match to overturn a 2-0 deficit and keep us up you'll all be exceptionally grateful for these enforced extensions.
I was going to say something similar, although less detailed...

FIFA can't force players to extend their contracts if they don't want to. But FIFA can and will enforce a later transfer window so that players who don't extend, won't be able to register for a new club during the remains of the season.

Whether FIFA can force clubs to offer an extension, I don't know. It's possible.

When Ibe scores a 140 second hat-trick after coming on in the 85th minute of our last match to overturn a 2-0 deficit and keep us up you'll all be exceptionally grateful for these enforced extensions.

On a serious note, with likely 3 games a week and possibility of squads going up to 29 to cover covid cases, we may still need ibe!

I can't see many players wanting to extend the contracts. Why take the risk of a career ending injury for 8-9 games?

;