Cost of away coach travel

hba1

Fans' Favourite
I do not believe the cost of hiring a coach (driver's wages, isce , deisel etc) has gone up by over 10% since the trip to Palace last season. I see the hand of Jim rather than Bluebird coaches.

I do not believe the cost of hiring a coach (driver's wages, isce , deisel etc) has gone up by over 10% since the trip to Palace last season. I see the hand of Jim rather than Bluebird coaches.

Insurance certainly has gone up a fair bit.

Why not Bluebird? Wages in the industry are certainly increasing significantly.

Just as a comparison when we first started doing the sponsorship for the coaches in 2010, coach tickets to London games were 1/3rd cheaper than they are now.

If you compare that to petrol prices over that same time…

It looks reasonable? Especially when you consider other costs that have increased over the past 13 years.

* Should add - We’ve never had any input on how much the coach prices are.

Just as a comparison when we first started doing the sponsorship for the coaches in 2010, coach tickets to London games were 1/3rd cheaper than they are now.

If you compare that to petrol prices over that same time…

It looks reasonable? Especially when you consider other costs that have increased over the past 13 years.

* Should add - We’ve never had any input on how much the coach prices are.

Yeah exactly. Like a lot of things, rises are inline with inflation.

Problem is, most peoples income hasn't risen at same rate...

The club makes no profit on away coach travel. It does feel like its a lot more expensive these days though.

I like how Southampton has a good independant travel alternative ...

Personally, I prefer the Stoke City model. Free way travel for all supporters, every game.

I'd be amazed if the club weren't making any kind of profit on coach travel. Jim will look at it as a profit centre, just like everything else.

I'd be amazed if the club weren't making any kind of profit on coach travel.
If there is it would come from the sponsorship.

Thankfully gone of the days that the sponsorship money was set up to make sure a coach was run for every game, rather than cancelled at short notice because it was set to run at a loss.

Over the course of the season many coaches would run not full and so would “lose” money. Then when other games a coach ran full it would top the pot back up. Over the course of a season it would pretty much break even or close to.

It’s a costly scheme to run, but vital for supporters.

;