Covid & Football

As for rules changing part way through, December 2013 was when Hawkeye was introduced. Neither Burnley nor Bournemouth were Premier League at the time, but no doubt you can point me at other reports of screams of protests and demands that the league should be considered unfair?

It was voted in in April 2013 and introduced at the start of the 13/14 season.

Why would anyone want to finish a season behind closed doors ?

Also I know the Prem is all about TV money but sorry the crowds are what makes the whole thing, Also can you imagine if your team was to gain promotion/win a place in Europe or win the league and you were not there to witness it ? I would give my left testicle up rather than have not been there for the clinching game against Bolton.

Imagine a team like Coventry who have not had a promotion for donkeys years or a team like Millwall getting promoted to the Prem and as a fan you never got the opportunity to be there...... Sorry whoever had the idea of playing behind closed doors is not a fan but a business person and clueless about the passion of the game.

Liverpool and Everton have been given a further hint about how the Premier League campaign could look as more details emerge about plans for La Liga.

The Spanish top flight has been suspended since March 12 due to the coronavirus outbreak, a day before elite football in England was halted.

However, La Liga clubs have started to return for individual training ahead of an expected resumption of action in the middle of next month.

And La Liga president Javier Tebas has suggested games will be played every day over the next 35 days to accommodate the 110 fixtures still outstanding in the season.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...erpool-everton-given-further-premier-18232962

Don't you think that cornavirus has proved that we can't control home and away scheduling?

As for rules changing part way through, December 2013 was when Hawkeye was introduced. Neither Burnley nor Bournemouth were Premier League at the time, but no doubt you can point me at other reports of screams of protests and demands that the league should be considered unfair?

Another false claim as pointed out by DJ. Maybe another accident though so I'm happy to wait for a significant rule change that was actually introduced during the season.

Government have ruled out any behind closed doors sport before June 1st.

Reading between the lines, that perhaps opens the door to something going ahead after that date, but very much depends on how things look.

So I don't think many firm plans can be made by the PL just yet.

It was voted in in April 2013 and introduced at the start of the 13/14 season.
OK, moral - don't rely on Wikipedia.

They changed the points system half-way through the 1888-89 season. :p

I don't know when the AIDS blood-on-shirt rule came in. That could have been mid-season, perhaps. Sometimes with viruses you have to change the rules. I suppose you could argue that the ban on spitting is a rule change as well, so you've got another one for the list there.

Since it was Police advise that we play games behind closed doors and at neutral venues and not the premier league trying to protect the elite, it's not ideal for us but I can't see how we can complain. It will be interesting to see what happens when the German league starts at the weekend and if the premier league can get the games at the neutral venues overturned.

So, we start up the season next March. Aside from the financing through to then, what happens to player contracts? Can the wealthy clubs throw money at some short term signings to ensure they stay up? Do the current players have to play out their contracts even though they have been extended a year?

There are good reasons of simplicity and fairness in simply expunging the season and planning a new season later in the year if possible.

I've come across some nerds, geeks and jerks in my time and on my travels.
But ber- limey and cer- ikey...the Burnley matey takes the corn!
Its like he has plugged up one ear...and got Robbie Savage to ejaculate in the other !

;