Dango Ouattara

he was outstanding today
clearly not the finished article but only just turned 22 so loads of time to develop

the abused he's received on here from the usual bellends has been embarrassing
Agree completely.

Some eager to write him off just to support an agenda. Has he been perfect? No. But he has shown enough signs since signing that he could be a very very good player.

People don’t seem to realise that £20m isn’t actually a huge amount to spend on a player in the PL anymore, particularly not an attacking one. It only really buys you an unproven player with potential.

It's very handy he can play across the front and also lb, though with Symeneo injured somehow we're running low on wingers.

He’s played well twice at left back against teams with no wingers. I wouldn’t want him playing there v Saka if Kelly can. I’d imagine nobody does.

We signed him as a winger and he hasn’t done it there apart from the odd occasion.

He’s played well twice at left back against teams with no wingers. I wouldn’t want him playing there v Saka if Kelly can. I’d imagine nobody does.

We signed him as a winger and he hasn’t done it there apart from the odd occasion.
He’s 22. He got assists last season against Liverpool, Forest, Arsenal and Leeds as a winger. Scored against Spurs. This season he has barely played as a winger, aside from the odd sub appearance.

He’s 22. He got assists last season against Liverpool, Forest, Arsenal and Leeds as a winger. Scored against Spurs. This season he has barely played as a winger, aside from the odd sub appearance.
He's played more often as a winger than a full tbf......if we had bought a 20m full back and his first 3 games produced those performances we'd be saying he was the signing of the season.
Nobody is saying that about him as a winger.

Unbelievable. Thanks. You've just proved me wrong.... I thought I was negative sometimes!

Dango is 21. Very much 'a work in progress'. He has undoubted talent, which WILL shine through. In the meantime, whilst he is definitely not the finished article, look at his hard work, commitment on the field. He is very much a team player, never hides. Has the potential to become a real crowd favourite. Ask the North Stand, after some o
Played a blinder today. I was willing him to be voted the player of the match.

Do any of the teams 7th or below have someone they’d like to play against Saka? Isn’t it sort of the whole point that the top teams have players that the other teams can’t cope with…?

Truth is that we sign younger players with potential. That means they have room to develop and that progression won’t be linear - there will be poor games and runs of games as well as good games.

Dango has just turned 22 so what are people expecting of someone that age getting used to the country and style of football.

I don’t do social media apart from this forum as I am so disbelieving of the idiotic sniping from so-called fans. Look up the meaning of patience in the directory and then act on it.

I expect a few of our younger players getting stick also think a lot of our fans are cr ap too.

Perhaps you’d like to reflect on what you have posted there.

Dango is a young man, from a background in one of the most impoverished countries in the world, making his way as a footballer. He applies himself and works very hard. When asked to, he has played in an unfamiliar position and acquitted himself well. On occasion, whether in a familiar or unfamiliar role, he has performed spectacularly well. Admittedly, on other occasions he has been infuriatingly ineffective.

That said, why belittle his good performances such as Spurs away or his peach of a cross this afternoon? And why define his contribution in terms of your perception of what position he plays? Surely the only sensible measure is what he adds to the overall squad and its effectiveness. I’d say, in the toughest league in the world, he has made our squad stronger.

;