Dango Ouattara

He’s doing just fine.

Took him some time to get into the team, but Iraola trusts him to get the job done in more than one position.

He’s gotten a good amount of play time in one of the best teams in the league since Match-day 10 and has made the difference in a couple of games.

He’s only going up from here.

Perhaps you’d like to reflect on what you have posted there.

Dango is a young man, from a background in one of the most impoverished countries in the world, making his way as a footballer. He applies himself and works very hard. When asked to, he has played in an unfamiliar position and acquitted himself well. On occasion, whether in a familiar or unfamiliar role, he has performed spectacularly well. Admittedly, on other occasions he has been infuriatingly ineffective.

That said, why belittle his good performances such as Spurs away or his peach of a cross this afternoon? And why define his contribution in terms of your perception of what position he plays? Surely the only sensible measure is what he adds to the overall squad and its effectiveness. I’d say, in the toughest league in the world, he has made our squad stronger.
You make it sound like I want him put in prison or something….

I’m not belittling his performance against Spurs or his cross today, one falls into the category of the odd occasion he has played well as a winger and the other falls into the category of his two good games he has started at left back. He hasn’t started many more at left back but maybe he will.

I don’t doubt his effort. I’m not sure his background is relevant as it’s similar to many footballers and used to be seen as an advantage in the hunger it gives you…. I’m not sure we even know his background unless I’ve missed it. He works hard, he seems very popular but I’ve not said otherwise.

I think we could have spent the money better. Hudson Odoi was a quarter of the price for example. Don’t try and make an emotive issue out of something that was a reflection purely on the balance of his performances in his signed position.

Hopefully Iraola can do what he did with Christie and turn an average player into a great one with a positional change.

Dango had a good game. Looked industrious, athletic and provided a great cross for Unal.

He does require constant game management throughout by the more senior team members, but that's not a bad thing. His permanent look of confusion also doesn't always inspire confidence :). However, he was part of a defensive unit that did not concede and therefore deserves great credit.

I'm glad we shored up the left side with the Semenyo switch in the 2nd half, as Brighton appeared to have an additional man down that flank.

Well played Dango.

Managed to shoe horn in another pointless (and wrong) dig at Christie there. Well done.
How would you describe his central midfield performances in the top flight vs his wide forward performances in the top flight?

Id say he is a great central midfielder but was an average premier league winger. Not sure that’s a dig.

How would you describe his central midfield performances in the top flight vs his wide forward performances in the top flight?

Id say he is a great central midfielder but was an average premier league winger. Not sure that’s a dig.

I’m not going to get into another debate where you move the goalposts to try and justify your previous arguments when running down players.

I’m just pleased Richard Hughes’ recent track record in judging a player has been better than yours. ;)

Dango is proving to be a very promising, athletic talent at just 22 years old.

Just as Christie has proven to be Iraola’s talisman, the first player to be astute enough tactically and have the ability to put Iraola’s tactics into practice and he’s dragged the most of the squad up to his level. Others have fallen by the wayside which is a shame.

I’m going to enjoy it, you carry on sniping from the sidelines. :thumbup:

I’m not going to get into another debate where you move the goalposts to try and justify your previous arguments when running down players.

I’m just pleased Richard Hughes’ recent track record in judging a player has been better than yours. ;)

Dango is proving to be a very promising, athletic talent at just 22 years old.

Just as Christie has proven to be Iraola’s talisman, the first player to be astute enough tactically and have the ability to put Iraola’s tactics into practice and he’s dragged the most of the squad up to his level. Others have fallen by the wayside which is a shame.

I’m going to enjoy it, you carry on sniping from the sidelines. :thumbup:

Dango has been a very important squad member this season despite all of the grief he gets. Iraola clearly likes something about him as he played him all of the time. Why people get so hung up on the fee when the circumstances are clearly not the same as a normal deal is anyone's guess, we've been assured it's not to do with personal agendas so it can't be that.

You make it sound like I want him put in prison or something….

I’m not belittling his performance against Spurs or his cross today, one falls into the category of the odd occasion he has played well as a winger and the other falls into the category of his two good games he has started at left back. He hasn’t started many more at left back but maybe he will.

I don’t doubt his effort. I’m not sure his background is relevant as it’s similar to many footballers and used to be seen as an advantage in the hunger it gives you…. I’m not sure we even know his background unless I’ve missed it. He works hard, he seems very popular but I’ve not said otherwise.

I think we could have spent the money better. Hudson Odoi was a quarter of the price for example. Don’t try and make an emotive issue out of something that was a reflection purely on the balance of his performances in his signed position.

Hopefully Iraola can do what he did with Christie and turn an average player into a great one with a positional change.
Hudson Odoi is indeed a snip. But could Forest have offered something we did not have that turned his head as he would have fitted so well here.

Hudson Odoi is indeed a snip. But could Forest have offered something we did not have that turned his head as he would have fitted so well here.

They offered him well over double the wages we are paying Dango. Funnily enough the majority of the money in the Hudson-Odoi deal went to the player whereas the majority in the Dango deal went to Bill Foley's newly acquired sister club.

High levels of wages only feature in Neil's 'evidence' when we've got a cheap deal on a player - see Neto and Kluivert - they are ignored when someone else gets a seemingly cheap deal.

;