Dango Ouattara

What’s lol about that? Did you watch the game? He was clearly playing as an inverted full back, regularly collecting the ball in the midfield area. I’m sorry if you missed that.
He played left back.......left backs often drift inside to pick up the ball.....Kerkez does it....Daniels did it .....in fact most full backs do it.......stop trying to sound clever it doesn't suit you.

He played left back.......left backs often drift inside to pick up the ball.....Kerkez does it....Daniels did it .....in fact most full backs do it.......stop trying to sound clever it doesn't suit you.
At least he has moved on from the use of vile words to describe our players. One step at a time…

Wasn’t an out and out full back today, played as an inverted full back. Spent a lot of time picking up the ball in central midfield positions. He’s just a good player, wherever he plays.
Inverted full back - what on earth is that? Is that a full back that likes to go forward as coached or a winger who likes to go back to defend as coached. Are these new phrases any different to what players did before we appled these strange positional languages? I really get confused with some of todays speel.

I've just extracted the stats before writing them up.

Very good defensive stats for Dango

Won 5 out of 6 tackles and 5 out of 5 headers. Joint most interceptions, most recoveries, most clearances and highest number of defensive actions.

Also highest number of take ons (4) although only successful once, but not far off the AFCB average.

UThey signed him as a winger.

Rapidly becoming another major success for your mate Manuel….
Ah I see, so every player who succeeds is due to Iraola’s coaching. Fair enough.

But then in the interest of consistency do we not have to say that every player who doesn’t is a result of Iraola’s coaching too?

Traore for example, by your logic, has struggled because Iraola hasn’t been able to adapt his system/Traore’s game to get the best out of him, not because the recruitment team recruited a poor player.

If anyone cannot see what a tremendous asset this player is..then they need to seriously evaluate their football knowledge, get their head read, and get an eye test too.
I can see it...and I've only seen him on screens, never live ...and yesterday I only saw him on a Flashscore commentary.
Compare his contributions to some of the other turkeys brought in, apparently, by the outgoing Hughes.
Sitting out half a season or even more with so - called 'injuries'...on £50,000 + a week is not exactly good economics is it.
Unless this practice stops...and hopefully the Stop starts this Summer ...then the arch p*ss takers, pessimists and cynics such as myself ..will carry on as thorns in the side of the Forum..and warts on its surface.
This is the way it must be....if a movement to become a bona - fide Football Town is to function....
I urge fans to switch up a gear or two and become more demanding and voiciferous, especially in light of the price hikes that are imminent..I know I'm out of it now but I feel for the club and fans of the future if we remain Tinpot at this level.. the current passivity of the majority of fans is not conducive to mixing it with the bigger clubs !

Ah I see, so every player who succeeds is due to Iraola’s coaching. Fair enough.

But then in the interest of consistency do we not have to say that every player who doesn’t is a result of Iraola’s coaching too?

Traore for example, by your logic, has struggled because Iraola hasn’t been able to adapt his system/Traore’s game to get the best out of him, not because the recruitment team recruited a poor player.
Traore was crap under GON and is about to be sent back by Napoli. He is a poor recruit in my book.

Not every player who improves is down to a manager. Where, like Christie or Dango they’ve had a complete positional change it is. Or like Solanke where he has been refocused in a different way. They need to put work in themselves obviously but the creator of change is the boss.

They signed him as a winger.

Rapidly becoming another major success for your mate Manuel….

the manager has had an impact, certainly. but why you seem incapable of recognising his obvious talent and that of those who brought him to the club is an increasingly desperate attempt to reinforce your agenda, and frankly a bit pathetic

we can always look back at the previous 44 pages just to see how wrong you are

;