Daniel Adu-Adjei

From the Orient email to their fans (aka the Orient Express):

The O’s are delighted to confirm that young striker Daniel Adu-Adjei has joined the club on loan from AFC Bournemouth for the remainder of the 2023/24 Sky Bet League One season.​

Adu-Adjei, 18, has been at Bournemouth since 2021, joining the club from Fulham. Prior to his time at the Cottagers, he spent four years in the academy at Brentford.

Born in Wembley, the forward recorded a highly impressive 2021/22 campaign for Bournemouth’s under-18 side, scoring a remarkable 25 times.

Adu-Adjei’s wonderful form has continued for the Cherries development squad this season, scoring 19 goals so far this campaign. His goalscoring exploits include 13 in his past 11 games, as he has hit the back of the net at least once in 10 of his last 11 games.

Adu-Adjei made his professional debut for the Cherries in this season's Emirates FA Cup, coming on as a substitute in Bournemouth’s 3-2 third-round victory over Queens Park Rangers. Prior to his debut for the club, he was named in the matchday squad for Premier League games against Brentford and Nottingham Forest last season.

Adu-Adjei is raring to get going at the club, stating: “I’m over the moon to have signed for Leyton Orient. The club seems to have a real feel-good factor about it looking from the outside in and I think that it is a perfect club for me to continue my development at. I can’t wait to get started and hopefully help the side have a really exciting second half of the season."

Seems like it's been a tough time for him, but that's no bad thing. He must now realise the hard work has only just begun.

One start where he got subbed off at half-time and a bunch of sub appearances for between 5-15 minutes. No goals or assists.

It's an impressive level for him to be even getting minutes at this stage of his development. I wonder what the plan will be for him next season?

;