Darren Moore

Think some of these clubs could take a leaf out of our owner’s book.

If Eddie had been at another club and had the bad run we had been on with our away results, would he have still been there? Possibly not.

WBA went down, but it’s not easy to get back up at the first attempt, Moore should have been given more time.

Sounds like they basically expected and even budgeted to finish in the top 2 (always a dangerous game in the Championship) and now they probably have no chance have acted.

Just read this very good post from an Albion fan. It’s a long post, but think a lot of us can agree/relate to some of the comments made.

“This para for one: We then appointed Darren Moore and we had something most clubs crave - a local bloke, a club legend, a man who had earned his stripes by working his way up the Albion ladder finally getting a chance.”

Woke up today feeling quite numb.

I detest everything the premier league stands for and had fell out of love with football whilst we were in there, going the Albion had become a chore.

Keep hearing phrases like 'its a business', 'no room for sentiment', 'have to be in the premier league for the money' which are all true but when i first started watching and playing football thats not why i did it.

As a fan, none of the above really benefits me, all it means is the players i see get bigger inflated pay packets whilst passing through our club and everything becomes about being desperate to get into a league where if all things fall into place, and we have the season of our lives, we would get to finish...........7th! I bet there was some little kid who went to the Albion for the first time yesterday and said Dad i know its far fetched but imagine if we can get upto the premier league, and one day finish 7th! The glory! His dad would of said your dreaming son, 17th is the aim!

What a load of nonsense football has become, why as fans are we so desperate to see our team go and make up the numbers? How does this extra money benefit us? We may beat one of the big boys in the odd game but overall in a season, we dont compete with in any way, where is the enjoyment in that, so what do us fans have to look forward too?

My family gets to benefit from some of the off the work programmes that the club run (none of it funded by the premier league) and its those types of things that makes me feel an attachment to the Albion still.

So with how the countrys football setup is as mundane as it is, we as fans have to look for other things, those things that do make football a bit magic again. It may be you see a player who really excites you and you know they are going onto bigger and better things - Lukau, Harvey Barnes. It may be you see one of your clubs local lads breaking through - Harper, Field (Morgan Rogers looks something special too) but there has to be something that still makes football magic when your trying to get into / stay in a competition you cant win (the premier league)

So after years of unusual appointments Mel, Irvine, Pulis and Pardew, for me personally the enthusiasm and life getting sucked out of football through a combination of the premier league and boring football, to get Darren Moore was a breath of fresh air.

The goal against Tottenham was one of the best moments for years because for the first time in ages there seemed to be a connection between the fans, players and management.

We then appointed Darren Moore and we had something most clubs crave - a local bloke, a club legend, a man who had earned his stripes by working his way up the Albion ladder finally getting a chance.

A man who was trying to introduce a passing style, was starting to introduce youngsters, was scoring lots of goals (2nd highest scorers in the league) and it seemed that even if we did get to the premier league, it may be different because we had one of us in charge, different from the managerial merry go round, a bloke who did have a vision, who knew what the youngsters coming through could do.

Of course Moore has made mistakes, loads of them, but as the best coach in world Guardiola says, he makes them everyday. Giving Guardiola as an example (i am not comparing by the way) he didnt win a trophy in his first season at Man City despite having the best squad in the league, despite the money they spent, he was implementing a new style which as his first season shows, didnt happen overnight, yet Man City stuck with him.

Darren Moore has been in or around the top 3 all season, that is credit to him, as the Guardiola reference above states, change takes time, yet even as of two weeks ago we could of gone top. The last six weeks has been poor, there has been no disputing that, but i would of hoped based on the 8 or 9 months Darren Moore had previous he would of at least been given the chance to turn it round, he wasnt given that chance.

It may of been come the end of the season we would of missed out on the playoffs, (personally i dont think we would) and at that point i think you could understand discussions about his future taking place, to not finish in the top 6 would be a failure.

If as its been rumoured he was sacked before or regardless of yesterday it would seem we have based our decision on the last two games, had we say beat Sheffield United and drew with Leeds do people still think he would of been sacked? Its unlikely, but as we lost those two games it seems a whole seasons work had been defined by those two games, despite their being just under a quarter of the season left to rectify it!

People say we were not going to make the playoffs, our position suggests otherwise, we are still 4th in the league with just a quarter of the season to get ourselves back on track, if we were halfway down the league or bottom half you could maybe understand the decision but we were in a bad run of form and what the new manager has to be aware of now is that a bad run of form at West Brom means you get the sack, because the actions have shown thats how we operate now.

After 8 years of the premier league boredom, Darren Moore had made me start to enjoy going the Albion again, of course there were frustrations, and i dont think i will ever feel as passionate about the club as i once did, probably due to a combination of getting older, premier league boredom, etc but with him in charge it gave me a bit of hope that if we were going to try and get back to the premier league we were going to do it a bit different this time, sadly it wasnt to be.

If i had to pick a realistic appointment to replace him i would probably say Jokanovic but in all honesty with how this has all panned out, i dont really care, it could be Alan Pardew again for all i give a toss.

Its not just the sacking of Darren Moore, what yesterdays actions did confirm are my worst fears that with our club now everything else goes out the window, its the premier league gravy train or nothing and to me there has to be more to football than that, unfortunately i will always support Albion as you cant switch that off but how i support them may well change as yesterday was a nail in the coffin moment, its not just because somebody was sacked, its because of what we seem to have become and stand for nowadays (and Albion are not the only club like that)

http://westbrom.com/forum/index.php?topic=21637.3650

Just read this very good post from an Albion fan. It’s a long post, but think a lot of us can agree/relate to some of the comments made.

“This para for one: We then appointed Darren Moore and we had something most clubs crave - a local bloke, a club legend, a man who had earned his stripes by working his way up the Albion ladder finally getting a chance.”

Woke up today feeling quite numb.

I detest everything the premier league stands for and had fell out of love with football whilst we were in there, going the Albion had become a chore.

Keep hearing phrases like 'its a business', 'no room for sentiment', 'have to be in the premier league for the money' which are all true but when i first started watching and playing football thats not why i did it.

As a fan, none of the above really benefits me, all it means is the players i see get bigger inflated pay packets whilst passing through our club and everything becomes about being desperate to get into a league where if all things fall into place, and we have the season of our lives, we would get to finish...........7th! I bet there was some little kid who went to the Albion for the first time yesterday and said Dad i know its far fetched but imagine if we can get upto the premier league, and one day finish 7th! The glory! His dad would of said your dreaming son, 17th is the aim!

What a load of nonsense football has become, why as fans are we so desperate to see our team go and make up the numbers? How does this extra money benefit us? We may beat one of the big boys in the odd game but overall in a season, we dont compete with in any way, where is the enjoyment in that, so what do us fans have to look forward too?

My family gets to benefit from some of the off the work programmes that the club run (none of it funded by the premier league) and its those types of things that makes me feel an attachment to the Albion still.

So with how the countrys football setup is as mundane as it is, we as fans have to look for other things, those things that do make football a bit magic again. It may be you see a player who really excites you and you know they are going onto bigger and better things - Lukau, Harvey Barnes. It may be you see one of your clubs local lads breaking through - Harper, Field (Morgan Rogers looks something special too) but there has to be something that still makes football magic when your trying to get into / stay in a competition you cant win (the premier league)

So after years of unusual appointments Mel, Irvine, Pulis and Pardew, for me personally the enthusiasm and life getting sucked out of football through a combination of the premier league and boring football, to get Darren Moore was a breath of fresh air.

The goal against Tottenham was one of the best moments for years because for the first time in ages there seemed to be a connection between the fans, players and management.

We then appointed Darren Moore and we had something most clubs crave - a local bloke, a club legend, a man who had earned his stripes by working his way up the Albion ladder finally getting a chance.

A man who was trying to introduce a passing style, was starting to introduce youngsters, was scoring lots of goals (2nd highest scorers in the league) and it seemed that even if we did get to the premier league, it may be different because we had one of us in charge, different from the managerial merry go round, a bloke who did have a vision, who knew what the youngsters coming through could do.

Of course Moore has made mistakes, loads of them, but as the best coach in world Guardiola says, he makes them everyday. Giving Guardiola as an example (i am not comparing by the way) he didnt win a trophy in his first season at Man City despite having the best squad in the league, despite the money they spent, he was implementing a new style which as his first season shows, didnt happen overnight, yet Man City stuck with him.

Darren Moore has been in or around the top 3 all season, that is credit to him, as the Guardiola reference above states, change takes time, yet even as of two weeks ago we could of gone top. The last six weeks has been poor, there has been no disputing that, but i would of hoped based on the 8 or 9 months Darren Moore had previous he would of at least been given the chance to turn it round, he wasnt given that chance.

It may of been come the end of the season we would of missed out on the playoffs, (personally i dont think we would) and at that point i think you could understand discussions about his future taking place, to not finish in the top 6 would be a failure.

If as its been rumoured he was sacked before or regardless of yesterday it would seem we have based our decision on the last two games, had we say beat Sheffield United and drew with Leeds do people still think he would of been sacked? Its unlikely, but as we lost those two games it seems a whole seasons work had been defined by those two games, despite their being just under a quarter of the season left to rectify it!

People say we were not going to make the playoffs, our position suggests otherwise, we are still 4th in the league with just a quarter of the season to get ourselves back on track, if we were halfway down the league or bottom half you could maybe understand the decision but we were in a bad run of form and what the new manager has to be aware of now is that a bad run of form at West Brom means you get the sack, because the actions have shown thats how we operate now.

After 8 years of the premier league boredom, Darren Moore had made me start to enjoy going the Albion again, of course there were frustrations, and i dont think i will ever feel as passionate about the club as i once did, probably due to a combination of getting older, premier league boredom, etc but with him in charge it gave me a bit of hope that if we were going to try and get back to the premier league we were going to do it a bit different this time, sadly it wasnt to be.

If i had to pick a realistic appointment to replace him i would probably say Jokanovic but in all honesty with how this has all panned out, i dont really care, it could be Alan Pardew again for all i give a toss.

Its not just the sacking of Darren Moore, what yesterdays actions did confirm are my worst fears that with our club now everything else goes out the window, its the premier league gravy train or nothing and to me there has to be more to football than that, unfortunately i will always support Albion as you cant switch that off but how i support them may well change as yesterday was a nail in the coffin moment, its not just because somebody was sacked, its because of what we seem to have become and stand for nowadays (and Albion are not the only club like that)

http://westbrom.com/forum/index.php?topic=21637.3650
Great article. People bang on about 'the cups' having no value, but it's a monetary value they're talking about. As said above, the money doesn't really benefit supporters.

Good luck to him, think he was unlucky to lose his previous job.

Let’s see if he can get them up into the Championship, like when they went up as Champions, with our club in second place 7-years ago.

;