Dates for TV picks

“Approximate.“ “Provisional.” “These dates are subject to change.” WTF?

I get that TV pumps a huge amount of money into the Premier League and that far more people watch on TV than go to games. TV money is what makes it possible for tinpot yokels like us to feed at the top table from time to time. So I have next to no problem with kick off times being shifted about.

But I simply do not understand why the dates that TV fixtures are announced cannot be fixed and adhered to. It is the easiest thing in the world to meet a fixed deadline, it is the nebulous ones that shift around which get missed.

Other than the traditional games on at 3pm on the Saturday argument, which are getting less and less anyway, why not just have a game or 2 on every day (or more when needed) and then have every gamed televised and so the day and time of the game will rarely get changed. I know there'd be challenges with this with cup competitions, but nothing a computer can't handle.

You pays your money you takes your choice. The money paid for the TV rights is frankly ludicrous and they'll always call the shots while that money is so many multiples of what clubs make without them. It's provisional because they'll obviously reserve the right to move things based on the form teams, likely viewing figures etc.

I don't agree with it but this is one of those things we just have to accept. We're in the PL and we're in bed with the devil!

“Approximate.“ “Provisional.” “These dates are subject to change.” WTF?

I get that TV pumps a huge amount of money into the Premier League and that far more people watch on TV than go to games. TV money is what makes it possible for tinpot yokels like us to feed at the top table from time to time. So I have next to no problem with kick off times being shifted about.

But I simply do not understand why the dates that TV fixtures are announced cannot be fixed and adhered to. It is the easiest thing in the world to meet a fixed deadline, it is the nebulous ones that shift around which get missed.
Brilliantly put, but special applause for nebulous

Typical my birthday is 20th August, was really looking forward to the game and then a night out with friends in the evening. Bloody sky!

Man City, Liverpool, Forest and Newcastle trains booked. Before the first season in the prem, I really wanted to prove all the doubters and billy big club twats wrong. Feel quite relaxed this time around. Up the Cherries :toot:

Just looked on sky site to get list of all games and it hasn't got us down under premiership, have i missed something.:utc:

So Southampton could be 8.15pm kick off, or moved back a day to 7.30pm depending on what West Ham United do in the UEFA conference thingimy.

Then West Ham away has been moved to Monday Night Football.

;