David Raya?

My good friend is a Blackburn fan and my other friend is a Brentford fan so followed David Raya for a long time. Vital to Brentfords success last season, 24 years old and very very highly rated. Not sure anything about his contract or whether he would want to leave, however all I know is he is a fantastic keeper and one worth having a look at.

Probably would be the only keeper i'd be excited if we signed. Send Travers out on a season loan.

My good friend is a Blackburn fan and my other friend is a Brentford fan so followed David Raya for a long time. Vital to Brentfords success last season, 24 years old and very very highly rated. Not sure anything about his contract or whether he would want to leave, however all I know is he is a fantastic keeper and one worth having a look at.

Probably would be the only keeper i'd be excited if we signed. Send Travers out on a season loan.

On the Ramsdale thread (p15) he came second to the Reading keeper on an analysis someone did for the best goalkeepers in the Championship the season just gone.

Brentford only bought him for £3million so for me anything under £10million would be great business. Obv i'd start with a £5-6million offer.

Have to say personally I liked his style in the play off final, yes got caught out, but stats were very good over the season.
He won't leave Brentford though not for us sadly.

We’d have to pay nearly as much as we got for Ramsdale. He’s just had a massively successful season, only just missing out on promotion, for a club that doesn’t need to sell and has definite “buzz” about it right now (new stadium etc). When I read some of these posts I worry about us turning into the fans we used to mock: had 2 minutes in the premier league and now we think we can sign every good non-premier league player out there ...

Brentford only bought him for £3million so for me anything under £10million would be great business. Obv i'd start with a £5-6million offer.

Brentford's whole business model is to use stats to identify undervalued players, buy low then sell high and then reinvest the money in the squad to gradually build up a promotion team without owner investment.

You have to say it's working pretty well as they've made pretty steady progress and were very close last season.

Given that, I doubt a bid of £10million would get them interested. He'll have a price but I they'll be looking for a bigger payday to fund the next round of moves in their plan.

Things may change between now and Sept/Oct...But with all the optimism in the world right now I think you'd still be feeling a tad more confident about Brentford mounting a prolonged promotion bid next season than us. They are a more known entity for that, we would be a hugely risky jump from there.

We’d have to pay nearly as much as we got for Ramsdale. He’s just had a massively successful season, only just missing out on promotion, for a club that doesn’t need to sell and has definite “buzz” about it right now (new stadium etc). When I read some of these posts I worry about us turning into the fans we used to mock: had 2 minutes in the premier league and now we think we can sign every good non-premier league player out there ...

I agree with you, however we if we lack optimism we will go back to the premiership. We are one of the bigger clubs in the Championship now, we can attract better players. I agree with you aswell that we may not get Raya, but we can't go in for these mediocre goalkeepers with nothing to them. Just another Lee Camp, Asmir Begovic etc.

Brentford's whole business model is to use stats to identify undervalued players, buy low then sell high and then reinvest the money in the squad to gradually build up a promotion team without owner investment.

You have to say it's working pretty well as they've made pretty steady progress and were very close last season.

Given that, I doubt a bid of £10million would get them interested. He'll have a price but I they'll be looking for a bigger payday to fund the next round of moves in their plan.

I think £12-15 million will get them excited, however when you think of quality keepers, young aswell, that price would be decent.

Article from 26th July.

The deal that saw the 24-year-old leave Ewood Park was for an undisclosed fee, understood to be in the region of an initial £3m, but there are odds-on included in the deal which could take that closer to £5m.

Rovers would be due a further payment from the Bees should they clinch promotion, so will be eagerly monitoring their progress in the play-offs, with Fulham and Cardiff City squaring up in the second play-off match.

Raya’s form has seemingly not gone unnoticed, with Arsenal and Manchester City reportedly monitoring his progress, with a £10m price-tag mooted, of which Rovers would be due a slice should any interest be firmed up.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co....g-raya-situation-amid-man-city-arsenal-links/

I agree with you, however we if we lack optimism we will go back to the premiership. We are one of the bigger clubs in the Championship now, we can attract better players. I agree with you aswell that we may not get Raya, but we can't go in for these mediocre goalkeepers with nothing to them. Just another Lee Camp, Asmir Begovic etc.

We are (and should think of ourselves) in the Brentford category - able to pinch a good player discovered by Blackburn for £3m. That’s not being disrespectful to Blackburn but a factor of economics. But we are not signing Ollie Watkins from Brentford for £18m. Or Raya, even if it’s half that. But nor should we. We don’t have to do that to get a competitive team for the coming season. As things stand, we need another keeper. If no one else leaves, we don’t need to sign anyone else.

;