Dean Court away allocation

fgh76

Reserves
https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/foo...t-to-see-ahead-of-premier-league-opener-89653

This has just popped up on my news feed, but it can't be right, can it? I've never heard of us increasing the away allocation before... how could we suddenly find 500 seats for away supporters?

"The Blades will travel to the Vitality Stadium on the first day of the new season and fans can’t wait.
However, they know they will face a scramble for tickets with just 1,500 offered to away fans, but this can be extended to 2,000."

I guess theoretically it could be extended should we not sell out. Despite what all our entitled big club fans rivals say, every single PL match has sold out so talk of increased away allocation is ridiculous

Every game is sold out, but we still have between 300 and 900 empty seats
I’ve noticed some are empty for every game
I wonder if the stewards could make a note of these seats and the ticket holders contacted after 3 successive games where they’ve been empty.
What could then be done then...I don’t know.

I guess theoretically it could be extended should we not sell out. Despite what all our entitled big club fans rivals say, every single PL match has sold out so talk of increased away allocation is ridiculous

With home fans maybe. The away section is not always full.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/foo...t-to-see-ahead-of-premier-league-opener-89653

This has just popped up on my news feed, but it can't be right, can it? I've never heard of us increasing the away allocation before... how could we suddenly find 500 seats for away supporters?

"The Blades will travel to the Vitality Stadium on the first day of the new season and fans can’t wait.
However, they know they will face a scramble for tickets with just 1,500 offered to away fans, but this can be extended to 2,000."
The ted shack is offered to away fans for cup games......as away fans are allowed a higher percentage of the capacity

To go back to the original post, whoever wrote the piece lifted it from the Ground Guide website, which says this:

“Away fans are located on one side of the Energy Consulting East Stand, which is situated at one side of the pitch. The normal allocation for this area is 1,500 seats, but this can be increased to 2,000 if required.”

That wording dates back to League One or even League Two days, when it may have been true because we had much smaller crowds in those days.

Don't forget Sky get 600 tickets each game aswell so we give away 2000 of our massive 11.300 capacity.

;