Dear Eddie....

bondsnemesis

First Team
Please could we have some central defensive signings and a central midfield dynamo, my apologies if these are in the pipeline.
I am aware that bids made on wingers do not mean they will sign for you, but with around 25 million on the table perhaps we could get some steely defenders.
I am sure you are more than aware of what the team needs, just my humble opinion. :bow:

bondsnemesis - 7/7/2016 15:44

Please could we have some central defensive signings and a central midfield dynamo, my apologies if these are in the pipeline.
I am aware that bids made on wingers do not mean they will sign for you, but with around 25 million on the table perhaps we could get some steely defenders.
I am sure you are more than aware of what the team needs, just my humble opinion. :bow:

Ake? Hyndman?

Hyndman? All 5' 7 of him, a creative player deemed too lightweight for Fulham in the hussle of the championship?

Doesn't exactly placate my worries about our lightweight defence and midfield Druss.

northstandmark - 7/7/2016 16:50

Hyndman? All 5' 7 of him, a creative player deemed too lightweight for Fulham in the hussle of the championship?

Doesn't exactly placate my worries about our lightweight defence and midfield Druss.

Ake will be used as a holding midfielder.

So you disagree with Eddies signing of Hyndman then?

Druss_the_Legend - 7/7/2016 17:09

Ake will be used as a holding midfielder.

So you disagree with Eddies signing of Hyndman then?

If we signed Hyndman as a potential creative midfielder to blood in over the coming season or two, then that's exciting.

If we signed Hyndman as our central midfield addition for now, then I'm very worried.

Why don't you trust the management team that got us from second bottom of L2 to the Premiership in 6 years?

I do tend to think that they know what they're doing.

Of course I trust Howe.
I do disagree with Druss using Hyndman as a golden ticket to answer what I think are valid concerns about the need to improve midfield.

We get this every summer and Eddie never takes our advice/pleadings into consideration. Have we dropped the demand for a big target man? : )

Need a defender ffs that was our weakness last season, just winger after winger

Resevoir_Red - 7/7/2016 19:04

Need a defender ffs that was our weakness last season, just winger after winger

We'll have 10 by Sunday if today's activity is anything to go by. Fear not RR....

Do people honestly think we aren't going to sign any centre backs, after having lost two from our squad?

Just because there aren't any rumours doesn't mean anything - there haven't been rumours about any of our signings so far. I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that things are being lined up as we speak.

northstandmark - 7/7/2016 18:19

Of course I trust Howe.
I do disagree with Druss using Hyndman as a golden ticket to answer what I think are valid concerns about the need to improve midfield.

Did I? I thought I was answering a post that said "Please could we have some central defensive signings and a central midfield dynamo.." Those two are both central midfielders with Ake the defensive one. I didnt say anything about golden tickets. With Harry Arter and Callum Wilson the 2 first names on our team sheet (and rightly so) the need for another creative midfielder is more to improve on replacements than a rush to replace Harry. Ake and Surman just behind Arter with a 3 pronged attack led by Wilson looks more likely by the day.

table - 7/7/2016 18:31

We get this every summer and Eddie never takes our advice/pleadings into consideration. Have we dropped the demand for a big target man? : )

To be fair Eddie did address that one,but has now offloaded him to Brighton ....

;