Deeney class pro

wrightmtsj

Trialist
Two examples.

Away match this season. One of the best away supports - we sang throughout. At the end of the match he came over to our fans and applauded our support.

Yesterday. At the end of the match, he took off his boots and gave 1 each to two young cherries supporters.

He didn't need to do either of these things. Class pro.

Once again impressed playing the captains role on the pitch leading by example. Sadly we don't have anybody in our squad to gee those around collectively too quiet.

I like deeney. If we took him and Gomes and put them in our team we would be pushing for Europa league.

I also like Deeney. I get the impression he has a lot of respect for AFCB as he is always complimentary and seems to see us as similar to Watford. He's also always a nightmare to play against and is one of the few players that Cook struggles against. Always a good battle.

Yeah, it's always refreshing when someone turns around the narrative of their life. He was heading to a dark place earlier in his career and at some point he shook himself by the scruff of his neck.

I always hope we will sign him, whenever I see him play. Similar effect Fletch had here as a person, better player of course.

Met him in C'ship when son was our mascot at Watford. Friendly and chatty. True leader,like Terry,always aware of thanking fans and ensures other team mates do so too.
I wouldn't mind him playing for us.He's matured over recent years.

Last four years every time he's played I've thought " wish he was in our team" a real grafter, team player, pain in the a..e, and a proper bloke. In fact I claim him as my long lost sister :grin:

Neil Dawson - 22/1/2017 16:54

I always hope we will sign him, whenever I see him play. Similar effect Fletch had here as a person, better player of course.

Who, Fletch? Quite agree.

I like Deeney a lot, great player and a decent bloke.

Agree with all above. Seems a top bloke.

But definitely put on weight. A Watford fan out a comparison picture from the start of last season and now. Startling difference.

Agree with all of this - have great respect for him. Also remember when they had the defender sent off in the first minute, he absolutely carried the team.

Was very impressed when he clapped our crowd at Vicarage Road - every other player had left the pitch and, to be fair, he got a decent hand back in return - good to see.

;