Defending set pieces

kirsikka

UTC Legend
It's one thing when West Brom look like scoring every time they get a corner because that's their raison d'etre but there's something very wrong when the same thing is happening in matches like this.

It's been mentioned on here before but surely it's time to get someone in to take it on as a speciality? We got away with it tonight, although the way the scores went I guess you could argue we would have won anyway. That misses the point though.

It's one of those slightly odd things of which you know EH must be grimly aware considering how in depth him and his coaching team go into things and yet it so often seems to be the same.

kirsikka - 15/9/2017 17:33

It's one thing when West Brom look like scoring every time they get a corner because that's their raison d'etre but there's something very wrong when the same thing is happening in matches like this.

It's been mentioned on here before but surely it's time to get someone in to take it on as a speciality? We got away with it tonight, although the way the scores went I guess you could argue we would have won anyway. That misses the point though.

It's one of those slightly odd things of which you know EH must be grimly aware considering how in depth him and his coaching team go into things and yet it so often seems to be the same.

We are not the tallest team either even at cb

10 players did it fine - Francis was at fault for both of them for losing his man each time.

The real issue through the whole team is I feel there is a lack of aggression - both with and without the ball.

For defending set pieces, we are not strong wnough to knock players off balance and block their runs.

It's been the same for years hasn't it. People have been crying out for a big,burly no nonsense sort of defender who can put himself about. Mings could be that man. We were fortunate not to concede from those 2 corners where it was simply a ball delivered to the far post. I think it was Francis who missed at least 1 of those headers. Heart was in mouth every time they had a corner.

I've said it for years we can't defend set pieces, it starts from the keeper, he needs to be confident and command the area on set pieces. Don't know what Neil moss does to are keepers but..

;