Demarai Gray - Latest

Silent AFCB - 2/2/2015 12:57

First thing I did, before even checking here haha. There is, as you would expect, the obligatory post asking how we can afford it and a few people who have a better idea of our finances than us.

Couple of them think we should take the gamble.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?317716-Bournemouth-Finances

Seems reasonably balanced compared to recent nonsense posted about us...!

That's it for me .Not worth £5 million .Move on ,let Birmingham stew in their own inflated perception of what he's worth.

Am I the only one who is struggling to get their head around us bidding 5million for anyone? That's roughly what it cost for the 16 players in the matchday squad on Friday! :yikes:

From NSC:

"Even in the days when we were going for promotion to the top division and they were in division three, they'd give more airtime to these little poo-PUFFINS."

I applaud that man for an insult well delivered.

yesyescherry - 2/2/2015 13:09

Alex Goring Crook ?@alex_crook 52s52 seconds ago

From my Midlands colleague on Demarai Gray RT @abridge75: from this end he's not for sale and doesn't fancy Bournemouth #afcb #deadlineday

Maybe he watched the Watford match and doesn't think he'll get a game...

They're about to crack. At 5million, we've definitely met their valuation of him and my guess is they're now trying to figure out how to frame it so it looks like Gray wants to leave. That said, if he doesn't want to come, fair enough. We don't need players with that kind of attitude anyway.

The Alchemist - 2/2/2015 13:41

Birmingham now saying he is simply not for sale.

Yet they peddle him in the media every single day........

#mixedmessages

Probably saying that as we have told them to get stuffed

From their forum:

Brum just announced,"they are not waiting for Bournemouth to reach a figure,Gray is staying in the West Midlands" 

I don't think EH would bid £5million on a player that doesn't want to join us. This sounds like Birmingham are preparing a bitter pill for there fans.

According to our web site they are looking for nearer £8million and state he doesn't fancy a move to us.Time to move on.Good luck £8 million for an untried player .

In theory it is still good business at 5 million (if not a little surreal), IF, Eddie can develop the lad and we can gain promotion... It is still huge gamble though and there is always the risk that he could end being another TK...

Only Eddie knows, but IMO, it's time to move on... Howe must have had other players in mind if Grey didn't happen...

Bearing in mind he's scored in only 2 of his 24 matches this season, let's hope Ed decides to go no higher in the bidding.

;