Demarai Gray - Latest

I would imagine our cash up front offer was very low,the rest being made up of add ons.
The Leicester bid is probably more cash up front hence why he is now being sold.
I am not bothered he is 5hit anyway...

Tinpot Club - 26/8/2015 21:47

No club in a million years turns down a £5m bid for a player and puts a £4.7m release clause in his contract a few months later!

*cough* Matt Ritchie *cough*

Not out of the realms of reality that Gray agreed to stay until at least the summer and sign a new deal IF a release clause was inserted of a certain amount. Grabban did it and so did Delph. They probably could have got more for Delph but having agreed to stay, probably had a gentleman's agreement with the fee set (8mil).

I'd have liked to see us sign him. We could have had him, Pugh, Ritchie and Atsu as the wingers with Gradel playing #10 behind Wilson.

beds cherry - 27/8/2015 08:52

Decent player -

I really think that Brum didn't want to be 'seen' selling him to a smaller club. But childish tbf..

This. I believe I said several times back in the mists of time in this thread, but if a bigger club than us had offered the sums of money we had, Brum would have bitten the hands off. It was all about not selling to what the perceived to be a small club.

From the Birmingham paper today & the Leicester paper yesterday say no offer has been made.

Also it seems the release clause figure being talked about could have been put in his new contract.

With just five days to go in the current transfer window reports emerged last night that Leicester had triggered a release clause in the 19-year-old’s recently-signed contract.

While sources suggested that was not yet the case, Leicester’s interest does at least appear genuine as they seek to boost their wing resources.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/demarai-grays-birmingham-city-future-9935575

northstandmark - 27/8/2015 10:54

beds cherry - 27/8/2015 08:52

Decent player -

I really think that Brum didn't want to be 'seen' selling him to a smaller club. But childish tbf..

This. I believe I said several times back in the mists of time in this thread, but if a bigger club than us had offered the sums of money we had, Brum would have bitten the hands off. It was all about not selling to what the perceived to be a small club.

I'm not so sure. I think we were obviously interested but all the talk came from Birmingham.

Details on offers were leaked almost instantly to their local paper, they were trying to whip up a bidding war but no-one was playing. Why would we want to leak the amounts being offered? It made no sense from our perspective, but they were trying to get others, including Liverpool interested.

I don't think we were offering the sort of money that was quoted, certainly not with the vast majority up front.

I think Birmingham are desperate to cash in if they can get near those figures.

DJ - 27/8/2015 11:31
...I think Birmingham are desperate to cash in if they can get near those figures.

I hope they get stuck with him.

The little I've seen of him I've not been wowed and BCFC/his agents manipulations shouldn't be allowed to pay off.

So if sadly Gradel is out for 6 months... how about going back for Demarai Gray (added advantage is that he's under 21 and so wouldn't take a place in the PL 25).

RichGo - 1/9/2015 11:49

So if sadly Gradel is out for 6 months... how about going back for Demarai Gray (added advantage is that he's under 21 and so wouldn't take a place in the PL 25).

The way we're getting hit with injuries the 25 squad thing may go out of the window

And the latest latest latest...Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-bournemouth-transfer-target-demarai-6501428?

AlGard - 24/9/2015 06:51

And the latest latest latest...Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-bournemouth-transfer-target-demarai-6501428?

Yay it's back :hihi:

Have to say that with Max out and us not having a clue how long it will be before he is back to where he was fitness and form wise (or indeed if he can ever get back there) then this thread and link has more relevance to us than ever.

Great, another new player to fight for a place on the subs bench!

Surely we should be signing players who are better than those we already have.

Does anybody think Gray is better than what we have?

;