Development squad - Hampshire Cup

Very entertaining watch this.

Refreshing to listen to Cummings commentate too, despite being an employee of the club he is actually calling things for how they are and whilst he is praising players, he is also pointing out when they have made errors, even Brooks. Mcadam on the other hand has been very difficult to listen to, clearly will never say anything that could even be remotely perceived as critical in any way. Brooks misplaced a simple pass earlier and he proceeded to jabber on about his PL quality. Cummings had to point out to him that it was a poor attempt at a pass. It’s difficult to listen to him because it just isn’t genuine, would be a better listen if it was just Cummings and Perrett, who are both capable of providing a balanced commentary.

is there a single facet of the club, team, manager, players or commentators ffs about which you don't have a half-baked, negative and infantile opinion?

Last edited:
Only watched the last twenty minutes, so not easy to comment on what happened over the 90 minutes or so.

But what I saw was a very competent side in complete control and looked a class above the Pompey side.

This young team look like our club can look to the future knowing they have good talented young players coming through.

A big home crowd turned up and you could see that the home side were very motivated to put one over the prem juniors. Bit like a cup tie - expect Pompey dev team will give a clearer comparison. Don’t forget we have a lot of development squad out on loan as there are no league games

Thought our final ball was poor so wasted some decent opportunities where you thought we should be scoring but home side could have had a couple themselves. Very enjoyable game.

To answer my point, very different game to Tadley and as expected afcb able to play their football whereas last round was a real cup tie that was a battle

Only watched the last twenty minutes, so not easy to comment on what happened over the 90 minutes or so.

But what I saw was a very competent side in complete control and looked a class above the Pompey side.

This young team look like our club can look to the future knowing they have good talented young players coming through.

Stepped through the gears by the end and had Pompey well beaten. First half more even.

group of Pompey fans turned up and made me laugh when we went 3-2 up - chanting “that’s why we are league one”

It’s fun watching the team develop - seen a few games now home and away. Also great to see a number of ex players and current players watching tonight. Likes of cooper pitman and Cummings keeping some of the old dna at the club.

Last edited:
Joined in the semi-finals by Aldershot, Eastleigh, and either Farnborough or Brett Pitman's® Portchester. But all sorts of squabbles going on about that:

David Brooks started, getting some minutes into his legs.
45 minutes in and AFCB lead through an excellent Dacosta Gonzalez goal.

We have some very skilful players in the development squad and they play in a great way. Once we had a big enough lead, the lads started showboating a bit and some of them really have the skills !
They’d get pelters for trying that in the PL but it was great to see them having fun and expressing themselves.
Nearly 70 minutes for Brooksie and a tidy finish from him too.
I hope Bill watches a recording, it should get him excited about our academy and our possible future.
I also love the fact that we get streams of these sorts of matches.
Never has it been so easy to OD on all things AFCB !
Kudos to the club for setting these things up :thumbup:

David Brooks looked a bit fitter tonight and lasted longer than the last Development game. Saw some good goals. Wessex Way closed on the way home so saw a lot of Ferndown on way back!

;