Did AFCB plan the night air show gig...

Didn't they spend millions buying the IMAX site to convert it to a concert venue? Bournemouth beach is not suitable for gigs.

Its a shame we cannot predict high tides with precision years ahead becuase then they would have known that they....wait what? Oh.....

I predict a half decent rock band with a lead singer appearing on The Voice, turning into a crap Take That tribute band in order to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

High tide in itself would not have been a problem.

The deep low pressure system (unusually so for the time of year) sat in the Southwest Approaches, with the wind direction meaning a long sea fetch for the big waves to generate... THAT was the problem.

Due to this, the tide was at least a foot higher than the astronomical forecast. Add the big waves to this, then no wonder there were problems last night.

stanthevan - 19/8/2016 23:40

I predict a half decent rock band with a lead singer appearing on The Voice, turning into a crap Take That tribute band in order to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

I concur. I know music snobbery is wrong, but they absolutely make me want to pour concrete into my ears or gouge my eyes out with one of Fletch's old jock straps every time I see our hear them.

It's not snobbery. It's what you like or don't like. For the record I can't abide U2, RHCP, Adele, Muse, Dire Straights and Fleetwood Mac.

;