Disillusioned with the whole thing.

Glad you mentioned Blues...

All our gripers and whingers should have a good long look at the recent history of that massive, well supported club. That's a serious example of fans really suffering from dark, dark days.

Anyone who can't be bothered to watch us on Saturday should be ashamed.

I probably need to stay off this thread going forward, it's making me both really angry and embarrased by some of our so called 'support'

I haven't watched any games apart from the cup matches. I'm just waiting until we get back into the grounds.

Starts again then for me.

We once had Footballers...now we have bloody 'Athletes'. ..who treat us to 'assists' .
( the fact that the goalie threw it to the winger in the first place...is neither here nor in Hong Kong)

Next thing'll be 'personal best' tables ( pb's) for a players performance in differing formations...and such sh*te.

'Cat' Training grounds...instead of unflagged beaches...are enabling players like Tomlin to outpace or 'nutmeg' Messi. are they ?

All we want is Entertainment and Goals...and a fookin Pie....if theres any left after matey above has raided the Pie factory!

Alternatively fly over the pond and queue for popcorn and cream soda at the Baseball.....where you can buy a whole Library of Stats.. to take home if you've got room in yer Manbags !

We once had Footballers...now we have bloody 'Athletes'. ..who treat us to 'assists' .
( the fact that the goalie threw it to the winger in the first place...is neither here nor in Hong Kong)

Next thing'll be 'personal best' tables ( pb's) for a players performance in differing formations...and such sh*te.

'Cat' Training grounds...instead of unflagged beaches...are enabling players like Tomlin to outpace or 'nutmeg' Messi. are they ?

All we want is Entertainment and Goals...and a fookin Pie....if theres any left after matey above has raided the Pie factory!

Alternatively fly over the pond and queue for popcorn and cream soda at the Baseball.....where you can buy a whole Library of Stats.. to take home if you've got room in yer Manbags !
Brian is that you??

The thread title X100 if we appoint John Terry as our manager. Maybe he’s matured, changed, developed as a human being since his playing days but, to be quite honest, I don’t want a character like that associated with my club that constantly promotes values like “Together, anything is possible”.

And if triffic old ‘Arry is going to keep spouting off to the media about this cretin and why he’d be the perfect fit, then he can f*** off too.

As much as I’m really beginning to dislike the group of players we have as a collective for their performances, at the very least the core principles of the club, in practice, are bringing in good characters, looking after our own, creating a positive community, supporting the local community and being a generally “nice”, family oriented lil seaside club. In theory. Terry is more Blackpool pleasure beach than Bournemouth IMHO.

Football is a ‘habit’, if you stop going it can be easy to break that habit, known some over the years who broke the habit and found other things to do.

Some people can’t stop smoking, never been a smoker, but my habit has always been watching and supporting the Cherries and will continue to do that while I can.

I remember that time when I was in hospital and how much I missed being able to go to the home games.

I support the club, managers and players come and go, but supporting the Cherries is for life.

I never thought I'd see people bailing out when the club are in the top six of the championship :wack:

We used to dream about being top six in the championship. We would talk incessantly about the 80's divvy 1 years like they were the holy grail that we let slip from our grasp never to see again.

Each to their own I guess. Who was that poster , melvintoad? ..followed the club through thick and thin then binned it all (and his ST ) when the club got promoted to the PL :grinning:...fair play, thats a proper flounce and he may well have nailed it in his own head but surely has regrets.

As said, get in there Woody and do your stuff..its all part of the rich tapestry even if it has been a little painful lately.

Off you trot then.

With 19 games to go AFCB are 6th in the Championship - a level we have only competed at for four seasons in our whole history.

Honestly, the club is far better off without people who have a sulk at this point in the story.

The lack of proportion is absolutely staggering. Sure, it's uncomfortable right now but get a grip.

I've spent my football supporting life laughing at Spurs fans who whine about the lack of silverware, Liverpool fans who bleated for decades about not winning a title, and at all the Sunderland, Forest, Derby, 'big club' types who claim they deserve better... because history.

A friend who supports another Championship side mentioned to me how some of our support have become Big Time Charlie's and bell ends.

He's right, some have. Some have become so swept up in the recent success they've lost perspective.

And I'm sick of them. We're better off without these dead-weights.

I'm sure you're probably quite a nice person IRL but, seeing as you've stopped caring, please take your ball, go home for your tea, watch Flog It instead of Final Score, and leave the rest of us to it.
This.

A lot of us are clearly very disillusioned at the moment even though as some point out we are 6th in the championship so having by my reckoning our 7th most successful season ever.

As an exile it's not the regular match day experience I'm missing although I'm frustrated to be missing trips to several new grounds this season. Watching games with no crowds is just not the same - the whole experience feels flat and somehow less real and therefore less important in comparison to normal. Plus that special connection to the club with Eddie and players like Pugh and Daniel's who went on that incredible journey with us has been lost.

All I want is a team that tries to play good football,, is prepared to roll up its sleeves and scrap when necessary, always leaves everything on the pitch and led by a manager who is able to build a genuine connection to the fans and with the club - not a bunch of players and a manager who feel like they are just passing through. Not too much to ask is it?

A lot of us are clearly very disillusioned at the moment even though as some point out we are 6th in the championship so having by my reckoning our 7th most successful season ever.

As an exile it's not the regular match day experience I'm missing although I'm frustrated to be missing trips to several new grounds this season. Watching games with no crowds is just not the same - the whole experience feels flat and somehow less real and therefore less important in comparison to normal. Plus that special connection to the club with Eddie and players like Pugh and Daniel's who went on that incredible journey with us has been lost.

All I want is a team that tries to play good football,, is prepared to roll up its sleeves and scrap when necessary, always leaves everything on the pitch and led by a manager who is able to build a genuine connection to the fans and with the club - not a bunch of players and a manager who feel like they are just passing through. Not too much to ask is it?

100% agree. For me football is about a relationship not a transaction.

Off you trot then.

With 19 games to go AFCB are 6th in the Championship - a level we have only competed at for four seasons in our whole history.

Honestly, the club is far better off without people who have a sulk at this point in the story.

The lack of proportion is absolutely staggering. Sure, it's uncomfortable right now but get a grip.

I've spent my football supporting life laughing at Spurs fans who whine about the lack of silverware, Liverpool fans who bleated for decades about not winning a title, and at all the Sunderland, Forest, Derby, 'big club' types who claim they deserve better... because history.

A friend who supports another Championship side mentioned to me how some of our support have become Big Time Charlie's and bell ends.

He's right, some have. Some have become so swept up in the recent success they've lost perspective.

If this is the level of debate that this board is reduced to then how sad. We all make posts and comments that people will disagree with. Many complete nonsense but on the whole responses are constructive and not just aimed at personal abuse. Would you address somebody like this to their face, as if you were talking to a bunch of disruptive kids or does it make it easier from behind a cloak of anonymity with a keyboard ? I don’t know you, have no desire to, and in life you might be a decent bloke.
And I'm sick of them. We're better off without these dead-weights.

I'm sure you're probably quite a nice person IRL but, seeing as you've stopped caring, please take your ball, go home for your tea, watch Flog It instead of Final Score, and leave the rest of us to it.

If this really is the level of debate that this board is reduced to then how sad. We all make posts and comments that people will disagree with. Many complete nonsense but on the whole responses are constructive and not just aimed at personal abuse. Would you address somebody like this to their face, as if you were talking to a bunch of disruptive kids or does it make it easier from behind a cloak of anonymity with a keyboard ? I don’t know you, have no desire to, and in life you might be a decent bloke but if you live your life with this sort of arrogance then I suggest you have something missing somewhere. I just hope I never run into you in the real world.

I think the players have created enough of a negative environment themselves. A reflective discussion about how we are feeling isn’t going to have any impact. That’s absurd.

;