Do a poll

We’ve done very well. Is it down to Eddie Howe or Neil Blake?

• Total voters
I know this poll is a light hearted carry over from another thread but here's my very very very basic timeline,
No Eddie = No Premier League
No Max (and his backing) = No Eddie
No Eddie Mitchell = No Max
No Uncle Jeff = No Eddie Mitchell
No Peter Phillips = No Uncle Jeff
No fans at the Winter Gardens = No Peter Phillips.

As I say, that's my extremely basic potted history of the club this past 3 decades or more. So you could say, if it wasn't for all of you amazing fans that turned up that night, all the above wouldn't have happened. Believe me, the Good Lady and myself are eternally grateful to each and everyone of you, that put pounds or pennies in the buckets that night. You saved us from a boring life with no major interest outside our home.
: )

Looks like the credit is Neil's and Rob's, as well as the cast of thousands that saved the club : )

Ps, it could be said, if there were no John Bond or Cox's Pippens, would there have been enough fans at the Winter gardens. Is it down to whoever appointed them? : )

Max probably could see an attractive football club, in an attractive area where he lived with a good up and coming manager.

Who's to say that a different managerial appointment couldn't have kept us up, when the wheels were clearly falling off.

Howe lost it at the end, maybe Max held on to him for slightly too long. Hindsight is wonderful, but the failure to stay up wasn't a sudden proposition, and was there for all to see for those painful last 10 games.

It's taken a few seasons to recover from his tenure, but clearly, this time things are being done differently.

Every manager has an expiration date at a club, and Howe had his even at AFCB.

Let's move on from Eddie Howe, as he isn't part of our club anymore, despite the highs he gave us.

I know this poll is a light hearted carry over from another thread but here's my very very very basic timeline,

As I say, that's my extremely basic potted history of the club this past 3 decades or more. So you could say, if it wasn't for all of you amazing fans that turned up that night, all the above wouldn't have happened. Believe me, the Good Lady and myself are eternally grateful to each and everyone of you, that put pounds or pennies in the buckets that night. You saved us from a boring life with no major interest outside our home.

Looks like the credit is Neil's and Rob's, as well as the cast of thousands that saved the club : )

Ps, it could be said, if there were no John Bond or Cox's Pippens, would there have been enough fans at the Winter gardens. Is it down to whoever appointed them? : )
Perfect response.
As I posted elsewhere, everyone plays a part in a team no matter how big or small. Eddie was the star and leader but without max we would just have memories of Eddie as manager re Grimsby and Burton

He was Mr Manchester United and Eddie was Eddie, a Cherry through and through.

After his achievement at AFCB as with Ferguson over a longer period at United, Eddie’s achievement at our club will be hard to replace.

Scott Parker has come in and taken us up at first time of asking, but we were already in the Championship with a good squad.

Now he has to try and keep us up in the top league next season.

As I said a bit like Ferguson, so many have tried to follow him at United, but have failed.

He was Mr Manchester United and Eddie was Eddie, a Cherry through and through.

After his achievement at AFCB as with Ferguson over a longer period at United, Eddie’s achievement at our club will be hard to replace.

Scott Parker has come in and taken us up at first time of asking, but we were already in the Championship with a good squad.

Now he has to try and keep us up in the top league next season.

As I said a bit like Ferguson, so many have tried to follow him at United, but have failed.
But the latest manager had success after a couple of seasons

The Brexit thread is 947 pages long, therefore it's clearly where the main interest on this site lies. No Brexit= no fans :grinning:

I don't understand any of the harsh comments about Neil Dawson...the bloke comes across as a coherent, knowledgeable supporter.. good talker and communicator in various interview clips ive seen...with probably a more in depth knowledge of the aspects of the game than most of us.

But the latest manager had success after a couple of seasons

The latest manager at our club took us up at the first attempt from the Championship with a strong squad.

Eddie took us through the leagues with a number of problems on route and kept us in the top league for five seasons.

As I mentioned on another thread, the history books will show they were the first two to take AFCB up into the Premier League.

I don't understand any of the harsh comments about Neil Dawson...the bloke comes across as a coherent, knowledgeable supporter.. good talker and communicator in various interview clips ive seen...with probably a more in depth knowledge of the aspects of the game than most of us.
It's because his sometimes negative musings don't fit with the "forum elite's" narrative Brian
obviously.

I agree.
But, when him and SDD completely take over a thread with both wanting the last word, it gets tiresome and generally off topic.

I agree.
But, when him and SDD completely take over a thread with both wanting the last word, it gets tiresome and generally off topic.

Yeah true....but this is why it was so refreshing that myself and a couple of other raconteurs rocked up to break things up a bit ..especially me...I shouldn't blow my own trumpet really...but I have been quite a revelation it needs to be said...

Yeah true....but this is why it was so refreshing that myself and a couple of other raconteurs rocked up to break things up a bit ..especially me...I shouldn't blow my own trumpet really...but I have been quite a revelation it needs to be said...

You really have an over-inflated opinion of yourself Brian. Refreshing though you are, I suspect your contribution is less in reality than it is in your own little world. Very entertaining though !!:utc:. Keep up the good work !!

The latest manager at our club took us up at the first attempt from the Championship with a strong squad.

Eddie took us through the leagues with a number of problems on route and kept us in the top league for five seasons.

As I mentioned on another thread, the history books will show they were the first two to take AFCB up into the Premier League.
But your point was ....so many (Ferguson) have followed and failed...but that is not the case with Eddie

But your point was ....so many (Ferguson) have followed and failed...but that is not the case with Eddie

Name you associate as manager with Manchester U.

Name you associate as manager with AFCB.

I mentioned ‘a bit like following A F.

Anyway all about opinions and thoughts at the end of the day.

Just seen this on SSN.

Sir Alex Ferguson at Carrington training ground amid Ronaldo talks

Former Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has also arrived at the Carrington training ground at the same time as Cristiano Ronaldo andJorge Mendes.

;