Do we have ...

GARYafCb

Fans' Favourite
the most mispronounced footballer in the country?
Stanislouse
Stanislav
Stanislarse
Stanislace
Stanisloz

Bloody hell - it’s not that difficult is it?

My iPad didn’t like it when the name Surridge was used and kept on insisting of putting a t in front of the u.

In light of the Lockdown gloom and restrictions affecting our lives...how much of a big deal is spelling Stanislas's name.?

He is the favourite of most Boscombe fans..I guess that's the deal!
so maybe they can't handle that little anomaly..haha!
And then we move on to who takes Goslings place as the new weekly scapegoat if things go pear- shaped....my moneys on S(t)urridge...because he is not a big name / big money acquisition....It won't be the illustrious Lerma that's for sure !

I think Wilshire equals it in spelling not pronunciation.

Also, spelling and pronunciation of names is important, key and essential part of anyone’s identity.

In light of the Lockdown gloom and restrictions affecting our lives...how much of a big deal is spelling Stanislas's name.?

And then we move on to who takes Goslings place as the new weekly scapegoat if things go pear- shaped....my moneys on S(t)urridge...because he is not a big name / big money acquisition....It won't be the illustrious Lerma that's for sure !

I think Kelly is the latest scapegoat with Brooks waiting patiently.

We are a strange breed, modern Cherries fans...not in a necessarily or deliberately bad way...but just strange.
It seems its not purely about what goes on, on the pitch any more.
Years ago it was about 'Saturday'...the game...the result.....now we indulge in such ridiculous trivia....I even find myself getting drawn in..!
I'm sure its the American influence on our culture generally ..I've been to Baseball in New York.. Its bizarre....we are going that way with 'Stats/assists...and Money issues...and bloody cameras ! .

We are a strange breed, modern Cherries fans...not in a necessarily or deliberately bad way...but just strange.
It seems its not purely about what goes on, on the pitch any more.
Years ago it was about 'Saturday'...the game...the result.....now we indulge in such ridiculous trivia....I even find myself getting drawn in..!
I'm sure its the American influence on our culture generally ..I've been to Baseball in New York.. Its bizarre....we are going that way with 'Stats/assists...and Money issues...and bloody cameras ! .
No ,its all about the internet and social media.......the old days it was the Saturday pink and the letters page....:grinning:

Bomber, Bome, Bombee?

Add Peter sellers’s Clouseau pronunciation.

knew someone who watched one of the pink panther films in a German cinema with English subtitles. Every time sellers said “it’s a bomb” he cracked up whereas Germans just reading “it’s a bomb” were puzzled as to what was funny in stating the obvious.

You’ve missed the point as you often do.

;