Does the League Have it in for Lerma?

Schmiegel

New Signing
I cannot see Lerma lasting it out indefinitely, especially at the back. Clearly, the word is out that he is too dirty for English football and they want him out. If he plays at the back, his fouls will cost us penalty kicks and red cards. If he plays middle......possibly he may survive. For now, we can expect multi-game bans due to his behaviour. I like him, but I don't think the league will tolerate him for much longer.

this anti-afcb anti-lerma thing has really taken off hasn't it! personally, I think its an absolute load of twaddle. but I admire your devotion & loyalty to your heroes, who can seemingly do no wrong.

:utc:

this anti-afcb anti-lerma thing has really taken off hasn't it! personally, I think its an absolute load of twaddle. but I admire your devotion & loyalty to your heroes, who can seemingly do no wrong.

:utc:
Let's remember what the press said after England beat Columbia in 2018, shall we? England defender John Stones says Colombia are "probably the dirtiest team" he has faced, following the win in Moscow." Lets face it, they play dirty football in Columbia. It's dangerous and nasty. Expensive players in England will never tolerate normal Columbian football behaviour. Lerma has a bad reputation and I think his days in English football are numbered.

Let's remember what the press said after England beat Columbia in 2018, shall we? England defender John Stones says Colombia are "probably the dirtiest team" he has faced, following the win in Moscow." Lets face it, they play dirty football in Columbia. It's dangerous and nasty. Expensive players in England will never tolerate normal Columbian football behaviour. Lerma has a bad reputation and I think his days in English football are numbered.

I'm still trying to work out if you are Watford or Fulham.....:unsure:

How many days do you give him?
He is going to receive a multi-game ban for disrespecting the official. When he returns he will continue to be carded. I think we will solicit offers from other leagues and he will leave us in January....

This season, before Christmas, Lerma has missed 9 games through suspension, that I can think of. 6 for an alleged bite last season, that there was no evidence of and 3 for a red that I think was 50/50. Personally I think the red against Coventry was unfair, Steve Cook was there, level with Lerma and in the direction of where the ball and player was going so it wasn't a red.
Other teams target Lerma and try to get him wound up. To Lerma's credit, he handles them brilliantly and is very clever and controlled, the Watford game comes to mind, when they targeted him and it backfired.
The referees have got it in for Lerma, it was even worse in the premier league, when the commentators loved mentioning his disciplinary record and never talked about his playing attributes and qualities. This season the referees have gone for us and against us, so no complaints overall. Against Fulham, Lewis cook should have been sent off and they should have had a penalty (if not for Harry Wilson's reputation of being a diving cheat).
I think there are players, like Ryan Manning of Swansea, who lied down on Dom in the penalty area and held onto Lerma's leg when he was trying to run to the ball and kicked our player off the ball, all without conceding a free kick or getting a yellow, who are much dirtier than Lerma, but they get unnoticed by referees because they don't have a reputation.

This season, before Christmas, Lerma has missed 9 games through suspension, that I can think of. 6 for an alleged bite last season, that there was no evidence of and 3 for a red that I think was 50/50. Personally I think the red against Coventry was unfair, Steve Cook was there, level with Lerma and in the direction of where the ball and player was going so it wasn't a red.
Other teams target Lerma and try to get him wound up. To Lerma's credit, he handles them brilliantly and is very clever and controlled, the Watford game comes to mind, when they targeted him and it backfired.
The referees have got it in for Lerma, it was even worse in the premier league, when the commentators loved mentioning his disciplinary record and never talked about his playing attributes and qualities. This season the referees have gone for us and against us, so no complaints overall. Against Fulham, Lewis cook should have been sent off and they should have had a penalty (if not for Harry Wilson's reputation of being a diving cheat).
I think there are players, like Ryan Manning of Swansea, who lied down on Dom in the penalty area and held onto Lerma's leg when he was trying to run to the ball and kicked our player off the ball, all without conceding a free kick or getting a yellow, who are much dirtier than Lerma, but they get unnoticed by referees because they don't have a reputation.
I think last weeks red card is a 1 match ban. They may increase it because of the charge.

Lerma....like many, in many other teams..is his own worst enemy.
He plays the way he plays...so for any jobsworth ref its bread and butter stuff..notebook fodder!

Other than those comments made by the mentally challenged, it is good to see that everybody agrees with me on this. Thanks to everyone for your support

;