Dom in the Mirror

Interesting that Christie comments on what a good player he is... no surprise.

Always thought that relegation and playing in successful side at this level would help his career over the long term.

Has so much to his game, great team player. Clearly has a pedigree after starting at Chelsea, then signing and playing for Liverpool.

Could be a bit like Bamford, develops a bit later on and eventually becomes a half decent PL striker.

I'm confident that if we were to get promoted, we'd see a completely different Dom to the one who played in the Premier League last time.

The problem before was he never had a real run in the team, now he's our main man and I can see definitely him scoring goals in the Prem if we return.

Always forget just how young he is. Just turned 24, and only really had a few recent seasons of regular football. Lots to improve for sure, but think he will continue to do so and is looking good.

He's the sort of lad everyone wants to well..... really impressed how he's improving the weaker elements of his game ..... it's really noticeable how much he has worked on his heading for instance....he wouldn't have scored Saturdays goal last season imo....so fair play to him and our coaches.

He's the sort of lad everyone wants to well..... really impressed how he's improving the weaker elements of his game ..... it's really noticeable how much he has worked on his heading for instance....he wouldn't have scored Saturdays goal last season imo....so fair play to him and our coaches.

Yeah, think someone mentioned recently how professional, committed to improving he is. Commentator maybe?

Glad it's coming together for him.

He scored a stunning header at Everton two years ago so think he might. He had always been a decent header of the ball it’s reading where crosses are going both aerially and on the ground that’s been his issue but this is starting to improve.

He arrived with a good pedigree but at young age over the last 2 years he has set an example for all the other young players. I am sure he wouldn't be dismissive about pay, but you just sense by the hard work he clearly has put in that playing actually is almost everything to him. I would say, he knows he's living his dream and clearly respects that. We all want talented players in our team, but it's so much more enjoyable to support your club when it's got players with his character.

He's slowly perfecting the 'archer' celebration too, which I noticed hadn't been born at the MK Dongs cup game. ;-)

He scored a stunning header at Everton two years ago so think he might. He had always been a decent header of the ball it’s reading where crosses are going both aerially and on the ground that’s been his issue but this is starting to improve.

Must admit I couldn't remember the Everton header as I thought Lerma scored with a header in that game for some reason....just had a look at it and it still looks like it's Lerma's goal tbf....:grinning:.....
I think this is the first season that I've considered Solanke to be any sort of a threat at set pieces..... Saturday's header was such a difficult chance .....think that's his second headed goal already this season and add to that the fantastic effort in stoppage time against Blackpool and you could easily see him getting a lot more this season.
I agree with you regarding his positioning with low crosses into the box though especially those that look like he just has to get a foot to it.....he always seems to get there a fraction too late....I can think of a few instances already this season where I was almost celebrating only for the ball to somehow evade him..... Like you say he just needs to anticipate where those crosses are going.
Anyway hopefully it's something else he can improve on.

I'm confident that if we were to get promoted, we'd see a completely different Dom to the one who played in the Premier League last time.

The problem before was he never had a real run in the team, now he's our main man and I can see definitely him scoring goals in the Prem if we return.

And also he was joining a team that was on the wane , although it wasn’t fully apparent , just little things hinted at it …
He has come out of his shell and seems very happy to be the main man at the top now ….

;