Dom the Hammer?

Bid coming in from West Ham of £8.62 and a family ticket for the London Eye.

When we tell them the asking price is £50m, they'll counter by offering to include a subscription to Razzle on top of their previous bid.

Then, when we refuse, walk away because we're being unreasonable.

Rumour started on Facebook few days ago. A more unlike Moyes player I can't think of..there again Moyes will be gone this week..
Not a happy "massive" club

Interesting one, despite what some say, Dom is undoubtedly a good player. He’s just not a natural goal scorer, certainly not at the top level anyway. He is certainly good enough, but only in a more supportive role where his primary focus is to create for others. He got seven assists last season, he’s a very good dribbler, he’s relatively quick and can run the channels well, he’s also decent in the air and his hold up play is decent too. He has a lot to offer but he will just never be prolific at this level. I think he needs to play either deeper or next to a more prolific partner.

Bid coming in from West Ham of £8.62 and a family ticket for the London Eye.

When we tell them the asking price is £50m, they'll counter by offering to include a subscription to Razzle on top of their previous bid.

Then, when we refuse, walk away because we're being unreasonable.
Razzle ? Club International, nothing less .

Rumour started on Facebook few days ago. A more unlike Moyes player I can't think of..there again Moyes will be gone this week..
Not a happy "massive" club
The Hammers call Moyes “ Due Diligence Dave “ apparently, on account of the time it takes him to decide on a player, by which time they’ve gone somewhere else .
I am hearing there is a conflict between him and the sporting director as to recruitment etc….

Interesting one, despite what some say, Dom is undoubtedly a good player. He’s just not a natural goal scorer, certainly not at the top level anyway. He is certainly good enough, but only in a more supportive role where his primary focus is to create for others. He got seven assists last season, he’s a very good dribbler, he’s relatively quick and can run the channels well, he’s also decent in the air and his hold up play is decent too. He has a lot to offer but he will just never be prolific at this level. I think he needs to play either deeper or next to a more prolific partner.
I would say more a number 10

Given he's been fundamental to how we play the last three seasons, is contracted for another three years, has no obvious replacement in the squad so would leave us with a massive hole to fill, is a known quantity in English football and it's West Ham who have fcuked us around before so we should charge them extra, what would you sell at?

Obviously, they'll never get anywhere near it but in an alternate universe where they weren't a bunch of pricks when buying from another English club, what price are you putting on him?

Given he's been fundamental to how we play the last three seasons, is contracted for another three years, has no obvious replacement in the squad so would leave us with a massive hole to fill, is a known quantity in English football and it's West Ham who have fcuked us around before so we should charge them extra, what would you sell at?

Obviously, they'll never get anywhere near it but in an alternate universe where they weren't a bunch of pricks when buying from another English club, what price are you putting on him?
I’d say he is similar value to what we signed him for?

In this case, though, isn't there a gap between what he'd be worth on the open market and what he's worth to us right now? I think it'd take something stupid to get us to consider accepting. That's one of the reasons why I don't think it's even remotely likely a deal would be done, even if there was genuine interest.

In this case, though, isn't there a gap between what he'd be worth on the open market and what he's worth to us right now? I think it'd take something stupid to get us to consider accepting. That's one of the reasons why I don't think it's even remotely likely a deal would be done, even if there was genuine interest.
Yeah looked at that way we’d probably struggle to replace for less than 35m. If they come with a cheque book though which they have since banking Rice money his head will turn. It might just be media speculation.

£40 Million

Yeah looked at that way we’d probably struggle to replace for less than 35m. If they come with a cheque book though which they have since banking Rice money his head will turn. It might just be media speculation.
Knowing west ham they will make take it or leave it offer of £6m

Another angle is how much of an 'ideal' striker is he for AI? Could AI indicate that although Dom is decent, he'd rather have funds from our limited ffp budget, to sign xyz instead?

Not saying that is the case, but who knows.

Obviously whoever we do try signing is likely to fail a medical, so guess its safer to stick with Dom, regardless ;)

this will tell us a lot about how much the board value Dom, or if they’re confident of replacing him with better that works in AI’s system.

I was in Dishoom restaurant in Manchester in the week and someone on my table said the last time anyone paid this much for rice it was Arsenal which I’ve stored away for the next time I’m in a posh Indian (which isn’t often to be fair)

;