Drama at the Emirates!

EverHopeful

First Team
Two men sent off (inc Arsene Wenger), two pens in injury time, Arsenal win 2-1 and Burnley don't go above us. Brilliant!

And can count themselves unlucky. Arsenal player was offside before he had the foul committed on him.

Imagine the meltdown on here if we had only taken 1 point from all our away games. Good job Burnley are so good at home. It should keep them up.

And I turned over with 1 minute to go to watch the last over of the cricket ODI as that was a close finish. Doh!

I had the radio on, they were covering both matches, England win in India at last! Good bowling at the death by Woakes

Was the Arsenal winner timed later than our third against Everton last year? I think that was the latest timed goal in the prem.

Old Rattle - 22/1/2017 18:13

Burnley an Hull both look much better than us
Good job we got points in the bag!

Burnley are a good home team. That is it. Hull looked shocking earlier in the season.

It's only been a couple of weeks since we played some of our best ever football against Arsenal too, I don't think Burnley or Hull have reached that level this season.

I also feel independent onlookers see us in a better light overall than many of our own fans do!

davygravy - 22/1/2017 18:54

I also feel independent onlookers see us in a better light overall than many of our own fans do!

Supporters of other teams seem to rate quite a few of our players, but IIRC only the Wee Man (from yesterday) has NOT been deemed not good enough for this level by our "fans" on here.

It's getting hard to know who to abuse. Is it currently Mings, Boruc, Wilson, Stan or Surman? Things were so much simpler when Bert was here :lovers:

TrevorMorganFanClub - 22/1/2017 19:40

davygravy - 22/1/2017 18:54

Supporters of other teams seem to rate quite a few of our players, but IIRC only the Wee Man (from yesterday) has NOT been deemed not good enough for this level by our "fans" on here.

It's getting hard to know who to abuse. Is it currently Mings, Boruc, Wilson, Stan or Surman? Things were so much simpler when Bert was here :lovers:

You missed out Ibe, Afobe, Fanno, Gosling,Grabban, King and Federici. Only Cook and Pugh haven't had stick.

Used to be simple when it was just Pitman to blame.

davygravy - 22/1/2017 18:20

Old Rattle - 22/1/2017 18:13

Burnley an Hull both look much better than us
Good job we got points in the bag!

Not sure that is actually true.

It's 100% not true. Burnley looked ok for a time but had Arsenal played at more than 60% they would have won by a mile. Anytime Burnley got a chance to shoot, which was 4 times they ballooned it over or almost hit the corner flag.

Hull today looked like they have since November, work hard and have heart but ultimately clearly haven't got enough upfront or in mid, yes and that's despite turning us over last week.

Still 3 from the current bottom 5 for me and I'll stick 50 in the charity box if I'm wrong.

Burnley absolutely got away with one 55/56 minutes when Arsenal should have had a penalty. Completely stonewall and right in the middle of lino and ref. Gray took out Mustafi nowhere near the ball. Shocking not to give it.

I know they will feel hard done by because of the timing and how it went about, but Arsenal should have had one penalty and they got one penalty.

;