Dug out canopies

clintclease

First Team
As a season ticket holder in main stand I noticed that the dug out canopies had been removed. Does anyone know what plans there are to replace them?

Last edited:
I would imagine whatever it looks like now is how it’s supposed to look.

They’ve probably had to make changes due to the nine subs rule for this year and staff allowed etc.

Solent mentioned this, saying they could clearly see a very despondent looking Stevie Gerrard, slumped in his seat in full view :D
Pretty much everybody in their dugout was slumped in their seats for the last ten minutes or so, looked like they'd all given up.

how many more supporters' seats had to be removed to accommodate that lot?
The two rows that were immediately behind each dugout have been replaced with two dugout rows. Did we sell these rows before? From what I remember there were people from playing staff, etc. in these rows last season.

Solent mentioned this, saying they could clearly see a very despondent looking Stevie Gerrard, slumped in his seat in full view :D
I was really surprised at this. Would have been very irritated if a Villa fan. I don’t think we’ve ever had a manager that sits for long periods shaking their head. Like he’d given up or was finding it dull. He was one step away from flicking through the match programme or going on Facebook on his phone.

Sean O'Driscoll always seemed a bit inert
Paul Groves, leaning against the dug out, sucking his teeth
Kevin Bond was always ahead of the game, he'd get his excuses for the performance in on the Friday, then he didn't have to pay attention to what went on, on the pitch : )

Disappointing thread tbh as I'd initial read it as 'dug out canapés' and assumed that Parker had introduced trays of savoury delicacies to be delivered to the bench throughout the game. Was going to see if I could get my ST seat moved in the hope of bagging some smoked salmon croustades.

That was my first thought, suspected it might have been someone had taken the filling out the vol-au-vents : )

Disappointing thread tbh as I'd initial read it as 'dug out canapés' and assumed that Parker had introduced trays of savoury delicacies to be delivered to the bench throughout the game. Was going to see if I could get my ST seat moved in the hope of bagging some smoked salmon croustades.
And I keep seeing it as Drugged Out Canapés.
I really have no idea how my mind works sometimes !
:rolleyes:

So to get back to my original question - does anyone know if there is a plan to reinstate canopies over the dug out areas?
No idea what the official position on this is but having sat right next to the dugout on Saturday I would say no. The two new rows of dug out seats are surrounded by barriers and I'm not sure where any roof structure would be able to be accommodated.

;