Eddie era - Five a side team

Cloth Cap

New Signing
Apologies if this has been done on another thread.

Boruc - Because he would just bring an extra dimension

Ake - Would never stop.

Pugh - You would want him in your team

Fraser - At his best could play all over the pitch.

Pitman - Unpredictable.

Mind you it is a few years since I played five a side so the skill set may have changed.

Ooh good one. You need technique not pace or stamina so in a 1-2-1(don’t start TopFarrier) I’d have

Boruc - mad idiotic diver that would get beers in too after
Ake - obvs
Pugh - it’s a clever twisty turny game
Brooks - see Pugh
King - quick turn, trick and shoot

Apologies if this has been done on another thread.

Boruc - Because he would just bring an extra dimension

Ake - Would never stop.

Pugh - You would want him in your team

Fraser - At his best could play all over the pitch.

Pitman - Unpredictable.

Mind you it is a few years since I played five a side so the skill set may have changed.

Good selection but would swap Fraser for Lerma as Jeff offers better passing, work rate, tackling and shooting.

Ramsdale - (Good) keeping in 5-a-side is actually pretty knackering and so I think it's a young mans game.

Ake - Would it be possible to have this team without him? It would but it would be worse.

A Smith - Up and down and all around the pitch energy and the kind of quick, short passing you need.

Arter - Every five-a-side team needs a crazed maniac that runs around aggressively and nearly kicks off a fight in every match. Also have a sneaky suspicion that his 5-a-side shooting would be good. More Championship Arter than PL Arter.

Kermogant - The forward fulcrum everything else bounces off. Not much mobility but that comes from elsewhere, he brings the skills, lay offs and finishing.

Boruc - erm, Lower centre of gravity and like Neils comment that he would get the beers in
Ritchie - great work rate and that left foot, not saving those
Surman - tidy player who will make angles all day for the others
Pugh - as others have said above
King - capable of coming deep to get the ball and holding up as the front man

Ramsdale - For his youth and quick throw out
Ake-No explanation needed
Brooks-bag of tricks
Ritchie-left peg maestro
Wilson-best finisher i have seen in a one on one

If we are talking 5 a side than Yann for sure. Anyone who has ever played 5 a side knows that the most valuable weapon in your armoury is a player who can make the ball stick. I’d be tempted to have a back 2 of Jeff and Marvin Bartley with Harry Wilson playing just behind Yann (in 5 aside you can shoot from anywhere.) And Boruc in goal of course. We’d undoubtedly get kicked out of the league after a couple of weeks due to numerous disciplinary misdemeanours but it sure would be fun.

;