Eddie fights back

New TV deal announced next week.
We could be looking at £200M for coming last in the PL very soon.

ChiknJorge - 6/2/2018 02:06

Conclusive proof he spends his lunch break on vitals

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/cherries/clubnews/15921477.Boss_Eddie_Howe_responds_to_critics_of_Cherries__39__recruitment_policy/

I think we've always known Neil Perrett spends far more than his lunch breaks trolling for news on vitals ...thought he had moved on to better things now we're Prem .

My theory is that Eddie is following, metaphorically, in the footsteps of Alex Ferguson. Alan Hansen infamously said you can't win the league with kids but Ferguson went on to do exactly that in 95/96 and that team defended their status the next season. He had eight players below the age of 21 and most of them came from United's academy. We may not have the financial clout or the stadium yet, to bring in the quality that Ferguson brought in – Keane and Cantona to name but two – in order to add depth and quality to the squad, but we can improve the training and academy facilities in the first instance to attract young talent.

This is a long game, the rest will follow. It's that subtle, or perhaps not so subtle, difference between bidding for players who will come to AFCB, or any club come to that, for the money, as opposed to those who come because they want to play for a us. I think Begovic when he arrived said he bought into it and I know he was only on loan but Jack must have also given it some thought, and liked what he saw, before decided to come here.

wallmth - 6/2/2018 12:07

ChiknJorge - 6/2/2018 02:06

Conclusive proof he spends his lunch break on vitals

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/cherries/clubnews/15921477.Boss_Eddie_Howe_responds_to_critics_of_Cherries__39__recruitment_policy/

I think we've always known Neil Perrett spends far more than his lunch breaks trolling for news on vitals ...thought he had moved on to better things now we're Prem .

I think he feels he should have... he's forever tweeting about having to do the bowls results or youth football.

:142:

Re the OP, it's still the defence that is the main concern - I guess it's hard to find cover of PL standard and the Marc Wilson saga was a classic example. Not only was he not good enough, his issues were destabilising as well.

Mings is/was the future in Eddie's system and our lack of cover remains a worry with Smith and Cook injured and Simpson the next (and last?) one in. I think this is Eddie's coded message that he tried but failed and a chance to put a word out there that he's neither stupid nor stubborn... perhaps not always universally understood...

New TV Deal announced next week ! ..... mmm! I think I might, having heard that, rather than nip up the pub for a quick pint , just nip into a quiet room and have a HAND SHANDY!

If you judge this in the short term, we are top of the form table and have won the two matches since the window was closing/has closed

If you judge it longer term, then ultimately it's about where we finished. Last year we signed nobody in the window and finished 9th; let's see where we finish again this season

Currently I'd say the policy of trust and continuity looks much smarter than panic and throw bodies into the mix. It will be judged by the end of season table though

West Moors Cherry - 7/2/2018 10:31

Sounds like Amazon might be the front runners for this bid.......

Which, in my opinion, can be nothing but a good thing for people who watch football on TV.

Well if we signed anyone in January it would only be looking towards playing then next season (if they're a fast learner)

Remember the championship second season and Derby signing Bent & Ince , mayhem hit this board , Eddie and our recruitment policy got hammered . Wash and repeat , season in season out

Cant imagine Sky not winning the bidding war. They must be so cosily tucked up with the Premier League by now. They might have to start admitting football existed before 1992.

;