Eddie goes with what he knows

simonhpieman

Star Player
Begovic on a previous loan deal.

Defoe on a previous loan deal.

Ake on a previous loan deal.

Gradel on a previous loan deal to name but a few.

I'm not saying this is a bad thing in any way, but who else have we had on loan or who has played for us previously who's gone on to have a decent career that we might be able to bring back?

Danny Ings is the only name I can think of currently and even then that's a push given his injury record.

Probably worth checking Burnley's loan history, too!

simonhpieman - 29/6/2017 15:39

Begovic on a previous loan deal.

Defoe on a previous loan deal.

Ake on a previous loan deal.

Gradel on a previous loan deal to name but a few.

I'm not saying this is a bad thing in any way, but who else have we had on loan or who has played for us previously who's gone on to have a decent career that we might be able to bring back?

Danny Ings is the only name I can think of currently and even then that's a push given his injury record.

Probably worth checking Burnley's loan history, too!

A number of managers go back to players they had at previous clubs.

Great minds and all that:

http://www.bournemouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=80131

Given the importance of team spirit and adopting clear values, vital that Eddie can trust his players. Wrong to say he only signs ex players though eg king, fraser, ibe, afobe, boruc, arter etc. I think Eddie gets the best player he can.

I know he supports them up the road, but if we decided to offload Afobe (not sure we should) then I'd love to see Vokes back as that plan B to attack a cross

cockbeard - 29/6/2017 16:16

I know he supports them up the road, but if we decided to offload Afobe (not sure we should) then I'd love to see Vokes back as that plan B to attack a cross

Yes I would love to see Vokes back here ,whenever I see him play he looks powerful and different to what we have.

bigfatolly - 29/6/2017 17:13

Yes I would love to see Vokes back here ,whenever I see him play he looks powerful and different to what were have.

I have always liked vokes but now we are a top 10 club think we need a bit more, even as a plan b. I don't watch many non afcb games so interested to know who people think is the most like for-like-upgrade for Yann out there?

AFCBade - 29/6/2017 18:47

bigfatolly - 29/6/2017 17:13

Yes I would love to see Vokes back here ,whenever I see him play he looks powerful and different to what were have.

I have always liked vokes but now we are a top 10 club think we need a bit more, even as a plan b. I don't watch many non afcb games so interested to know who people think is the most like for-like-upgrade for Yann out there?

Yohan Cabaye?

;