Eddie Had A Dream 2.0

rednblackexile

First Team
The Toon Army are going to need a new song. Let's help them out. Here's one to start....

Eddie had a dream
To coach the Saudi team
So much money, he didn't know who to sign first
They'll play across the back
Has beens in attack
He'll come home to Bournemouth
When he gets the sack

I'm sure others on this Board can improve on this effort.

Joking aside I wish Eddie well, and it will be interesting to see how good he really is.

or........................

Eddie had a dream
To coach the Saudi team
So much money, he didn't know who to sign first
They back extremists
and kill journalist
When he come home to Bournemouth
He might come back in a sack

Eddie had a dream,
to build the Toon a great team.
He had lots of money so he signed some players of his own.
He kept Cal in attack,
And Ritchie right-back
But poor Ryan Fraser..
..he left in a sack.

Reckon he'll sign Cookie?

Jeeesus, quite a challenge. If they get relegated :eek::eek::eek:
I think I mentioned this on the “Takeover” thread but with the backing that they have, relegation would not be an unmitigated disaster for NUFC.
So if the board is being sensible and realises that major rebuilding is necessary, it’s possible that they might accept that relegation might not be avoidable this season, since there is not too much time left to build and settle in a new team and manager.

They might feel confident, that should the worst happen and EH can’t save them from relegation, given full backing he’s more than capable of bringing them back up. He did it here with far fewer resources, so you’d back him to do it there.

It will be interesting to see if NUFC are willing to give EH a few seasons to start the revival or whether in the back of their minds, whatever guarantees they may have given to EH, they are already thinking about who they are going to replace him with should they get relegated.

I think they’d do well to give EH 2-3 seasons to put them on the right track, whatever happens this season. I don’t think EH is the right appointment in the short term but given time he could be just what they need to take the next step.

He'll could get a massive pay off at the end of the season if they don't make the top half (which they obviously still can), assuming he actually takes the job in the first place.

Apparently talks are being complicated by guess what...? Eddie's backroom staff needs. Maybe Newcastle want backroom staff with more experience of Premier League success. That is their right to want that. Sigh....

;