Eddie Howe - AFCB - Newcastle United

After listening to that I suppose we could say ’If Only’.

What might have happened with Eddie and after Max D, with Bill Foley at the helm.

But the timing didn’t happen, we know Eddie was basically burnt out and badly needed to recharge his batteries.

He did that, took a year out and now as mentioned in that podcast is doing at Newcastle U what he did at AFCB and their fans are repeating the benefits of seeing a winning team with enjoyable football.

We had our turn and now it’s theirs.

I'm delighted to see Eddie doing so well, and I always look out for Newcastle's results these days. I hope he wins everything in sight, and goes on to be one of the greatest managers of all time.

He gave us ten magical years, and I feel so lucky to have witnessed it all.

I'm delighted to see Eddie doing so well, and I always look out for Newcastle's results these days. I hope he wins everything in sight, and goes on to be one of the greatest managers of all time.

Ditto all that
It’s our next game at home and we must give him a fantastic pre match reception - then a torrid 90 minutes!

What might have happened with Eddie and after Max D, with Bill Foley at the helm.

But the timing didn’t happen, we know Eddie was basically burnt out and badly needed to recharge his batteries.

He did that, took a year out and now as mentioned in that podcast is doing at Newcastle U what he did at AFCB and their fans are repeating the benefits of seeing a winning team with enjoyable football.

I find their football quite boring, as their results show 33-11 from 20. a very defensive team.

absolutely.

that’s why I don’t have much time for fans moaning we forced Eddie out after relegation. The guy needed and deserved the chance to recover and use the time to reflect on his management style. Has made him an even more effective manager and hopefully gets lots more success. Wouldn’t have happened if we had a short summer and straight into a condensed championship season.

absolutely.

that’s why I don’t have much time for fans moaning we forced Eddie out after relegation. The guy needed and deserved the chance to recover and use the time to reflect on his management style. Has made him an even more effective manager and hopefully gets lots more success. Wouldn’t have happened if we had a short summer and straight into a condensed championship season.

he'd aged 10 years in 10 months in the relegation season
no doubt he wanted to stay to rectify things but his mates max, jeff, neil and richard had a duty of care and persuaded him otherwise

he'd aged 10 years in 10 months in the relegation season
no doubt he wanted to stay to rectify things but his mates max, jeff, neil and richard had a duty of care and persuaded him otherwise

think there are many interpretations as to motive of likes of Blake according to some posters on here, but any friend of Eddie’s should have pursuaded him to stop when he did if they were a true friend imho

Thanks for the "link" BTK, very good podcast about ( probably ) the biggest Boscombe legend of all time, so far. Agreed with Marc Mcadam about Eddie's time at Burnley not being the failure some people make it out to be : )

The juxtaposition of the club Eddie was desperately appointed to manage and what we are now, is incredible. Signing 33 year old Fletch from non-league and a Stains youth, I'd completely forgotten, now we're recruiting from Champion's League teams. He's working wonders on Tyneside but this time next year, we're be challenging them for a Champions League place : )

This is the best post I’ve read on this forum in my admittedly short seven months here. I will follow his career with great pride although a certain frustration will no doubt never go away! Good luck wherever you go Eddie, you gave us more than we could ever have dreamed of and more.

:oops: at least we didn‘t have to endure this

Just a bit of 'football town' fun...just a bit....
....that's all !

Wont be for too long though....as Ed will trot out again at Wembley as England manager...and hopefully still in a tracksuit !

This guy, if you can believe it became a bigger club legend than Ted Mac...( With respect to Ted..the most exciting player and goal- poacher ever seen at DC )
How can we not follow EH's progress with magnanimity and share the enjoyment and any forthcoming glory with his new fans ?

Last edited:

;