Eddie Howe for England

what have some of us become in this throw away and plastic world!
Fortunately I was ahead of the curve on this one. I refused to get involved in social media when it was in its infancy, not really knowing how bad it would become, just feeling that it was totally unnecessary. Turns out to have been a good decision, better than I ever imagined !!!

Why would Southgate get booted out?...one dodgy defeat to Denmark with a soft penalty and Maguire carrying on his personal freefall!
It's been pretty crap watching England for around a year, unfortunately.

I'd be happy to keep Southgate if he'd just revert back to his 2018 style of playing.

Judge him when we get back to proper tournament football matches...not these overblown friendlies where almost any english player seems to be getting a game!

Don’t judge him on games where he’s decided to randomly rotate his squad?

Eddie usually has a good eye for a player (OK there were a few gambles on players that shall we say didn't quite live up to expectations), but I'm not sure that England fans would welcome the possibility of round holes being played in square pegs!

However, it seems that we are getting shed loads of cash from transfer fees from sales of former Eddie signings and it looks like we will continue to do so.

If Eddie is looking for a job, perhaps we could create a postion for him along the lines of Director of player scouting?!

Didn’t England just beat the best team in the world on Saturday? I know football fans are fickle but even so...

For a variety of reasons England haven’t been able to pick their strongest side for a while. Once the likes of Sterling is back, Pickford and Maguire refind their form or are replaced, things should settle down and a proper judgment can be made

I am not necessarily a big Southgate fan...but in the interests of fairness and consistency he should be allowed time to finish his project...we can all take a pop at his selections (every previous England manager had this to deal with!)..generally we have some decent but not world class players. However potentially at the next real test of Euros or WC I feel we have a chance with young talent like Grealish,Calvert-Lewin, and Chilwell alongside Sterling and Kane...
I am not convinced that Eddie Howe would even be considered at this juncture anyway?

Fortunately I was ahead of the curve on this one. I refused to get involved in social media when it was in its infancy, not really knowing how bad it would become, just feeling that it was totally unnecessary. Turns out to have been a good decision, better than I ever imagined !!!
Errr, isn't this site social media ?

Taking a load of journeyman players , improving them, and molding them into a team is a very different talent to managing an almost self-selecting group of top players who've spent their entire careers being trained by some of the best coaches in the world. EH has shown he can do the first but so far not the second. Whatever the other problems in the last year or two, EHs rigidity of tactics was a big factor in his inability to motivate the "better" players he brought in so I can't see him commanding respect from the likes of Sterling, Kane, Henderson et al especially as they've all played for managers who've tactically out-thought him. To me, his future is either the 21st century version of Brian Clough or just as likely the new Neil Warnock.

I know this is a load of old cobblers, but I wouldn't wish the job on Eddie anytime soon. You're doomed before you even accept it.

Now if they brought back the England B team it might make some sense.

I'd be delighted if Eddie became England Manager. When he was first appointed manager for us, in those dark League Two days, I put a bet down on Eddie becoming England Manager one day - he was of course unproven so I just did it for a punt.

But southgate failed at world cup or did you not see it
he needs to go
I'm not a particularly big fan of Southgate or England tbo, I only watch them if we get to the latter stages of the world cup or euros. And didn't we lose three games in the last tournament we entered.

I am sure Eddie will fill the England team with his mates as usual. Simon Francis as captain, Charlie Daniels left back, if only Jordan Ibe was English he would be there, along with Solanke. I bet Brett Pitman Marc Pugh and even Superfletch will get called up.

I think Eddie would be the perfect choice as far as the FA are concerned.

Not controversial, good at handling interviews.

He for me could make a good England manager, Eddie likes a challenge and maybe after getting us up into the PL for five seasons and trying to keep us up took its toll.

Now he will be revitalised and if he was approached for the England job he would probably jump at the chance.

Eddie Howe is a brilliant manager when fighting against the odds, give him a group of hard working honest guys who are perhaps lacking in talent and he will squeeze every ounce of potential out of them and develop them to be the best that they can be. Give him a group of ‘ready made’ players with a mixture of egos, and he will fail. Lacks the ability to manage these bigger egos and doesn’t have the tactical nouse to get an already talented squad performing. His football philosophy has always been based on honest pros fighting for their lives.

;