Eddie Mitchell RIP

Blimey, that's surprising to hear, that's no age. I guess he wasn't someone who lived a quiet or peaceful life!

I know the importance or not and benevolence or not of his involvement here as been debated at length in years gone by. But he certainly played his part in our recent history.

His MO was move fast and break things, upset people and sort it out later. Maybe our club needed a bit of that at the time.

Agreed. If not, then we the fans should do so anyway at an agreed time.

You didn't have to like the bloke but we would not be where we are now without him and that is due acknowledgement and respect.
69th minute maybe?

There has been a lot of joking about the car park he built at Dean Court, but after the potholes we had in the previous one it was very much appreciated by the cars/vehicles and their drivers when Eddie Mitchell built the new one. :grinning:

Anyone who didn’t know the ground and were going there for the first time, the first thing they would have seen was the poor state of our car park.

First impressions can be important and Eddie converted the area to be much better.

Also as has been mentioned he introduced Max Demin to our club.

But for me one of his best decisions was to turn down another Russian group who eventually took over at Pompey and the rest is history.

RIP

Last edited:
RIP Eddie, thoughts and prayers are with his family and loved ones.

Almost the definition of a Marmite man but his couple of colourful years with the club are worth a chapter of his own in the history of A.F.C.B. Larger than life and he shook things up.
Thanks for the memories and the car park, we won't/can't forget him.

;