Eddie & Over Training

Schmiegel

New Signing
I firmly believe that the main reason for the long list of injuries that we sustained under Eddie was his mistaken effort to overtrain until the squad dropped. They hated him for it and that's why they were so quick to trot off the pitch. Scott seems to understand this. However, it is quite clear that people like Gary and other older players are simply not capable of sustaining game after game indefinitely. That's why we need a squad where every regular may be substituted without risk of letting the side down.

What are you on about, Quick to trot off the pitch?
Haven’t we got the same amount of injuries now?
You clearly don't follow the team closely. Many of the injuries under Eddie were achieved under very little stress. The current group of outages stem from entirely different reasons.

You clearly don't follow the team closely. Many of the injuries under Eddie were achieved under very little stress. The current group of outages stem from entirely different reasons.

You might be right but how do you know if you didn't witness all the training sessions? Aren't players more likely to get injured if they play/train too much/don't rest enough? Obviously, if they don't train or play much, they are also more likely to get injured. I remember someone starting a similar thread a few years ago and the jury seemed to be out on the EH/working hard/injury question.

Another thing which makes this hard to measure is we have more matches now then we did in the PL, so surely that would make us more likely to have injuries too.

You might be right but how do you know if you didn't witness all the training sessions? Aren't players more likely to get injured if they play/train too much/don't rest enough? Obviously, if they don't train or play much, they are also more likely to get injured. I remember someone starting a similar thread a few years ago and the jury seemed to be out on the EH/working hard/injury question.

Another thing which makes this hard to measure is we have more matches now then we did in the PL, so surely that would make us more likely to have injuries too.

I always thought a factor was that in the premier league the standard was so high the players always had to play at 100% to try and get a result!?

Unlike many time wasters here, I make comments when they come to mind. Unfortunately, many regulars here just use put-downs instead of constructive comments to respond.

;