Eddie says we’re staying up.

And that’s good enough for me.

He also said that when we got relegated. I think it’s going to be close but we def need to start a good run asap. I’m hoping once the. We players really gel we will improve even more and maybe start scoring but imo we don’t have a prem goal scorer

He also said that when we got relegated. I think it’s going to be close but we def need to start a good run asap. I’m hoping once the. We players really gel we will improve even more and maybe start scoring but imo we don’t have a prem goal scorer
A win against Wolves could be the start of something. I’d really like to see it because I think it would be more than just three points, it would be a sign to all that our destiny is in our own hands, plus it would be a huge confidence boost at a good point in time,

No he didn't.......we could have 39 points and he still wouldn't say we were safe.

Can I remind everyone we haven't won a game since before the World Cup.

no doubt injuries impacted us plus the virus seemed to set back a couple of weeks ….got some decent new signings and now have Dom, tav and netto back.

personally found the last 4 games showing improvement - hence I have stood by GON despite the hysteria. Saturday showed that, if the fans get behind the team, we have a chance to pick up points at home.

Reckon 7 wins is enough from remaining games. It will be tough but we have a chance - that was the best we could hope for tbh

no doubt injuries impacted us plus the virus seemed to set back a couple of weeks ….got some decent new signings and now have Dom, tav and netto back.

personally found the last 4 games showing improvement - hence I have stood by GON despite the hysteria. Saturday showed that, if the fans get behind the team, we have a chance to pick up points at home.

Reckon 7 wins is enough from remaining games. It will be tough but we have a chance - that was the best we could hope for tbh

Always a chance as long as we don't get cut adrift.

We absolutely have to start winning some games though.

Exactly. We have the potential to improve significantly from here on in.
A big result against one of the top sides could really change the mindset and see us cruise to safety. It’s still very much in our hands. Positive vibes in the camp and no further injury crises should see us avoid relegation.
Plenty of reasons to still believe that we will be able to stay up.
It would feel like a cup victory if we could. A massive two finger salute to all of those who have deemed us irrelevant to this league all season, or have had us relegated before the season even started.

Let’s stick it up ‘em and change the narrative for next season !

Exactly. We have the potential to improve significantly from here on in.
A big result against one of the top sides could really change the mindset and see us cruise to safety. It’s still very much in our hands. Positive vibes in the camp and no further injury crises should see us avoid relegation.
Plenty of reasons to still believe that we will be able to stay up.
It would feel like a cup victory if we could. A massive two finger salute to all of those who have deemed us irrelevant to this league all season, or have had us relegated before the season even started.

Let’s stick it up ‘em and change the narrative for next season !
I think cruise to safety is a bit of a stretch, we'd need to raise our game a few levels just to put ourselves in with a chance.

Our last 8 games are LLLLLDLD. So I don't think we can really have many complaints at pundits writing us off at this stage. There were some green shoots of improvement vs Forest and Newcastle, but reality is that in the same period of time since the World Cup, even Everton and Southampton have picked up more points than we have.

Saturday vs Wolves is massive. Win that and it shifts the momentum and will be a massive confidence boost. Lose it and then play Arsenal, City and Liverpool and it'll look a bit bleak.

I think cruise to safety is a bit of a stretch, we'd need to raise our game a few levels just to put ourselves in with a chance.

Our last 8 games are LLLLLDLD. So I don't think we can really have many complaints at pundits writing us off at this stage. There were some green shoots of improvement vs Forest and Newcastle, but reality is that in the same period of time since the World Cup, even Everton and Southampton have picked up more points than we have.

Saturday vs Wolves is massive. Win that and it shifts the momentum and will be a massive confidence boost. Lose it and then play Arsenal, City and Liverpool and it'll look a bit bleak.

Yes, don't want to be too negative, but odds are against us still.

Very tough games 2nd half of season... we're away to many of the so called weaker sides.

Will be a phenomenal achievement if we do manage to stay up imo.

Yes, don't want to be too negative, but odds are against us still.

Very tough games 2nd half of season... we're away to many of the so called weaker sides.

Will be a phenomenal achievement if we do manage to stay up imo.
You don't need to worry about being negative. According to most pundits, many on this forum and our own manager at the time, the odds were already against us last August.

So yeah I agree it would be a phenomenal achievement if we do stay up, just like it always would have been right from the start. Everyone around the team has to believe it's possible for us to even have a chance. FWIW I think (or hope maybe) at least two around us are worse than us and will finish beneath us, and I also hope one or more teams will plummet from mid table as often happens.

I expect that, even if we pick up results, it will come down to the final week before safety can be mathematically certain - of course could stay at current trajectory and be relegated long before that point. Staying up was always a big ask - needed new players in the summer rather than January.

7 wins is that target so need to beat West Ham Fulham and leeds at home plus awin or two against top 6sides which we can do if crowd really get behind the team. Beat 2 from Everton saints and Palace away and that will probably do! So tough but not impossible

Worth saying that even with the bad run of results we have been competitive - even losing 3-0 at Man Utd, second half was the best attacking half under GON and we missed 5 unbelievable chances

Last edited:
Before last weekend I felt it important we get through this month including Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool without being adrift of safety. One point against Newcastle and a good performance was an excellent start. We'll need to nick a +ve result or two from these games plus Wolves, and if we're in touch still in mid March, I would be more settled with our April / May fixtures to come.

;