Eddie to Celtic?

By January we will have come to learn and be fully comfortable with 3 at the back, I cant believe for one moment we plan to have Eddie back and undo all that JT has done, especially if we are still flying high in the table

I heard that. Until January.
No way that would happen or at least no way has it been agreed in advance. That would be TOTALLY undermining JT and it would surely be counterproductive for us to have a manager who knows he is only in the job for four months or so.
Wishful thinking I'm afraid !

Eddie might come back some day, in certain circumstances, but there is no way JT is currently just steadying the ship whilst Ed takes a much needed holiday.

Let's all get behind JT for now, Eddie has gone, time to move on and JT has done a lot right so far. We currently have ( by all accounts ) a very decent manager and I don't think it's fair on him for any of us to be yearning for another manager ( even if it is Eddie ) to come in any time soon.

Last edited:
...We need to move on from Eddie Howe and to be fair Jason is doing an alright job at the moment in settling us into The Championship he should be allowed to see out the season at least before he should feel any threat of removal.

So far we have shown that we can defend better, I know it is at a lower level, but what JT has achieved with Begovic, Lewis Cook,Solanke and Lerma I am not sure Howe would have done?

No way that would happen or at least no way has it been agreed in advance. That would be TOTALLY undermining JT and it would surely be counterproductive for us to have a manager who knows he is only in the job for four months or so.
Wishful thinking I'm afraid !

Eddie might come back some day, in certain circumstances, but there is no way JT is currently just steadying the ship whilst Ed takes a much needed holiday.

Let's all get behind JT for now, Eddie has gone, time to move on and JT has done a lot right so far. We currently have ( by all accounts ) a very decent manager and I don't think it's fair on him for any of us to be yearning for another manager ( even if it is Eddie ) to come in any time soon.
What!!!?

...if I want to continue “yearn” as you put it for a previous manager then that’s my prerogative! And what has everyone got against Jimmy Quinn anyway...;)

JT is doing a fantastic job so far. Yes it obviously helps having the squad of players he has at his disposal but that guarantees nothing. The players seem keen, they look like they are buying into him and his ideas. But then why wouldn't they? Many have known JT for years as EH's assistant and it's shows how much respect JT has from the players. So it may be a lower level of football, a lower standard for the most part but if the players don't have the desire to perform or succeed then it doesn't matter league you play in. Many of the players are shining at the moment. Rico, outstanding and who would have thought he would be happy to play second level football. Lewis Cook, starting to look the player we knew was there all along. Danjuma, Lerma, even Solanke. Gosling, never seems to be enough praise for this guy. We're doing well and , with all due respect to Howe, his time has been and gone and its time for Jase to start writing his own history.

...let's not be a Man Utd and yearn for the Fergie era...history will always be just that history...Eddie is yesterday's man (for all the great things he gave us)..time to get on with shaping the future of this club, and atm JT has done a good job, blimey if we had appointed Hughton or the like we would be euligising them!

Parallels between Tindall walking in the footsteps of Howe and formally Bradbury walking in Howe’s footsteps first time around.

Tindall unbeaten in 7
Bradbury unbeaten in 10.

Both did it by making us tighter at the back, Tindall conceding 6, Bradbury conceding 6.

What happens when they lose? Bradbury lost 5 of the next 7, picking up 2 points.

Tindall...?

Parallels between Tindall walking in the footsteps of Howe and formally Bradbury walking in Howe’s footsteps first time around.

Tindall unbeaten in 7
Bradbury unbeaten in 10.

Both did it by making us tighter at the back, Tindall conceding 6, Bradbury conceding 6.

What happens when they lose? Bradbury lost 5 of the next 7, picking up 2 points.

Tindall...?
We had some good individuals for league one under Howe/Bradbury, but it wasn’t as good as our current individuals are for the championship.

You also felt with Bradbury that whilst the results continued, the performances had dipped. This time round you could argue as though performances have improved.

I was against JTs appointment initially, however I’m now quietly confident that when we do lose we’ll bounce back quickly.

Tindall unbeaten in 7
Bradbury unbeaten in 10.

Tindall...?

Something I said when Bradders was in charge.
After that 10 match unbeaten start all was fine, however, the mark of a manager is one who can turn it round when things were going wrong.
He couldn't.

Tindall unbeaten in 7
Bradbury unbeaten in 10.

Tindall...?

What happened when Eddie took the team through a run of bad results? The board kept faith and let him learn/ build.

Bradbury was manager under a very different set of conditions on and off the pitch.

There is nothing on the pitch so far to say that we are nicking results or sacrificing attacking flair, we are where we are in the table on merit. With an in-form striker we would be doing even better. Before we have even had a chance to settle.

It's still early days and I would be saying that if we were in the bottom half of the table. Let's wait til January at least before we start drawing parallels.

What happened when Eddie took the team through a run of bad results? The board kept faith and let him learn/ build.

Bradbury was manager under a very different set of conditions on and off the pitch.

There is nothing on the pitch so far to say that we are nicking results or sacrificing attacking flair, we are where we are in the table on merit. With an in-form striker we would be doing even better. Before we have even had a chance to settle.

It's still early days and I would be saying that if we were in the bottom half of the table. Let's wait til January at least before we start drawing parallels.

To be fair, Bradbury kept the ship afloat, to get to the play offs (how few times have we done that) and was desperately unlucky not to beat Huddersfield away only to lose the core of the team for the start of next season. Thought he got a few decent players in but not the right man to get to championship. Sensible appointment at the time - unlike groves.

One big difference between Bradbury and Tindall is that Bradbury inherited a team on the up and Tindall has inherited a team on the down - albeit with excellent players for the division.

I think most of us could have done an alright job when Bradbury took over by simply not changing anything (ok I exaggerate, but maybe most Football League managers) however, if JT changes nothing, then the slide would likely continue.

;