Eddie

How much would someone Net after taxes from this? I'm not saying that $4M to $12M isn't a big jump, but was curious how much taxes would bite out of the total.

If it was all paid as salary, you would pay 47% of the additional income in income tax (45%) and national insurance (2%).

Reactions: OBX
Eddie did say just the other day that he is looking forward to working with players in the new training complex in the future, he has always said that he wants to leave a legacy so would be strange for him to leave at this point. All the jobs being quoted are poisoned chalices also, whoever goes in at Tottenham will not match what Poch has achieved and a fairly sizeable chunk of the core of their squad is set to depart come the end of the season. Man U are miles off being anywhere near what their fans would deem acceptable, it’s a massive risk to whoever takes that one on next, they need to literally revamp the entire squad aside from 5 or 6 players. Everton is an interesting one, but again what are there expectations? Many a bright young manager has gone there started well and been lauded as the next big thing only not to build on that early promise. I think that Eddie has got it as good as any manager at this level and would have no reason to want to leave. I get that ppl might on the face of it think how could he possibly turn down Man United biggest club in the world etc to stay at Bournemouth but to those people I would ask what is David Moyes up to these days? One poor spell at a top club and you very quickly become stale, Moyes was consistently lauded as the best up and coming manager for many years and now he’d be lucky to get a championship club. I’d like to think EH is smart enough to realise that staying put is the best thing for him.
This is spot on and captures the reality of the situation. Eddie has the best job in the PL and he knows it. Total control, an improving team and an owner who wants to invest. Why move to nightmares like Man U and Spurs where, after one bad season, the press will say you were never up to it in the first place. Eddie is still on course to build a club in his own image at Bournemouth. Few managers ever get to do that.

;