eddie

Like us Eddie is a Cherres fan through and through. But if he ever did move on, I wish him all the best and will watch to see how he progresses. Hope he stays with us for a while longer, even though the pundits are putting his name forward more and more recently.

But level-headed does not mean he lacks ambition. He has been described as England's "special one" by Gary Lineker and mentioned in passing for the top job at Arsenal, Tottenham, Manchester United and England.

Jurgen Klopp was approached by Dortmund and Maurizio Sarri by Napoli after overachieving at provincial clubs and Jamie Carragher believes if Howe was managing in Germany or Spain he would have been approached by a Champions League club by now. But that can - and must - all wait.

"I am massively driven, and hugely ambitious," Howe says firmly. "I have never hidden that, and never wanted to. But in this job, and I'm not just saying it, I'm hugely ambitious for Bournemouth. My personal ambitions are matched by Bournemouth's ambitions."

So can a club from a provincial seaside town, one that came so close to tumbling out of the Football League a decade ago, really look higher still?

"Only the sky is the limit," Howe says. "The one thing this journey has taught me is that you should never put limitations on what you can achieve.

"If we had done that at the start, we would have never have even thought about the Championship, let alone the Premier League. But we did it. So never say it is impossible to do anything."

Interesting that EH says that "his personal ambitions are matched by AFC Bournemouths ambitions". Doesn't sound like he is peed off with current lack of off field progress.

Great article! He appears happy here, makes you wonder what's going on behind the scenes.

We have had this talk about a new stadium in KP and training pitches etc over at Canford, which have been put on hold for now.

Then you read these two paras.

Our present training pitches and pavilion don’t seem too bad.

"We had some things we had to do with the stadium: seats, lighting and more. But the main thing for me was to get this building [the players' pavilion at the training centre] constructed. It meant the players came back after the summer with a different mindset. They needed to feel a difference, to walk in and realise that Bournemouth meant business.

"I wanted a centre to help the players recover better after training. I wanted a cryotherapy chamber. I wanted to improve the gym. We spent a lot of money on the training pitches. It meant that there were no excuses not to perform at the top level. This was never a one-season thing, but a permanent fixture."

Great read, the comments section also well worth a read many balanced positive views and obviously some that are sadly not!

Few complaining about breaking FFP and others moaning just because they are unable to see good in anything or anyone.

..anyway you can see Man City completely avoiding FFP punishments by 'creative' accounting....we could have done the same but fessed up to taking money that was invested in us...to be honest absolutely no business would turn down a chance to grow...why should it be different for football clubs?...only that the powers to be want to protect the clubs that don't have the same fortunate situations....but these things can't be forecast can they?...I mean there is no way I would ever believe that we could flourish where we are from our point in time years ago...but feel that most of us deserve the glory having been through so much pain and torture from the powers that are The FA etc...

So when other clubs fans get on the bandwagon of saying that we have in some way cheated our way to the top...then so be it..tell me how did teams like Brighton and Watford become whiter than white?...and Southampton poaching our talented youngsters like Lallana?

..anyway you can see Man City completely avoiding FFP punishments by 'creative' accounting....we could have done the same but fessed up to taking money that was invested in us...to be honest absolutely no business would turn down a chance to grow...why should it be different for football clubs?...only that the powers to be want to protect the clubs that don't have the same fortunate situations....but these things can't be forecast can they?...I mean there is no way I would ever believe that we could flourish where we are from our point in time years ago...but feel that most of us deserve the glory having been through so much pain and torture from the powers that are The FA etc...

So when other clubs fans get on the bandwagon of saying that we have in some way cheated our way to the top...then so be it..tell me how did teams like Brighton and Watford become whiter than white?...and Southampton poaching our talented youngsters like Lallana?
There is a difference though. Football (and other team sports) are great because there is that element of competition, sometimes evenly matched, other times less so. If clubs grow too big they'll need to go and going a league of bigger clubs. If it gets too uneven people will switch off.

Shoppers just buy things, they don't really have ties with a brand in the same way that football fans do.

I can't see Eddie being at Boscombe for the start of next season....unless a development regarding a Stadium comes up before then...especially if we make the top 10 again. Although..a top six or some other way into Europe would be a reason for him to stay !

It wont be a lack of stadium development that sees Eddie go. It will be his inability to hold on to his better players: Ake and Wilson and his inability to attract the people he wants to replace them. Also the right job has to come up. No certainty of that

;