Eliminated from Premier League Cup

paul49

UTC Legend
Strange not to have seen it reported anywhere, unless I have missed it, that AFCB U23's never qualified for the final stages of this competition.

Although West Brom U23's beat Arsenal U23's 4-1 last Monday it is both these teams who go through.

We finished on level points with Arsenal and same goal difference but Arsenal scored more goals and had a better record against us head to head.

Always next year!

Strange not to have seen it reported anywhere, unless I have missed it, that AFCB U23's never qualified for the final stages of this competition.

Although West Brom U23's beat Arsenal U23's 4-1 last Monday it is both these teams who go through.

We finished on level points with Arsenal and same goal difference but Arsenal scored more goals and had a better record against us head to head.

Always next year!
Thanks for this. I knew that a draw was probably not going to be enough but in the end it very nearly was ! Surprised to hear that Arsenal were beaten and that the final result was so very close.
Cheers :cheers:

We had two defeats!
Hmmm...true, the “last five” icons confused me. But in six games two losses is indeed correct !
But to match Arsenal was an excellent result considering our academy status relative to theirs.

Last edited:
I went to a Leicester game at DC a few weeks ago, was that not this tournament then?

That was the FA Youth Cup. The equivalent of the FA Cup at U18 level including the U18 squads from many non league clubs as low as something around step 5 of the period (9th tier of English football). For those lads it has the same impact as the “grown up” FA Cup with several qualifying rounds before the league clubs enter at the “first round proper”.

;