Emiliano Marcondes

Going by the Opta power rankings (and I don't know what else there is to go by for comparing disparate leagues), unless you are Rangers or Celtic, the Scottish Premiership are at or near the bottom of the Championship. I can't see how Marcondes can do anything but help Hibernian.

Don’t think we’ll be bringing anyone in unless it’s emergency full back cover. The likes of Marcondes and Traore departing really doesn’t hinder us in any way. Rothwell was at least a squad player but I assume that Adams will be back in the not too distant future to take up his place, even then we are okay in that area.
We might be freeing up wages for a relatively expensive incoming loanee perhaps ?
I don’t see us buying anybody for AFCB in this window though, I agree.

We’ll have a sort out and a re-jig in the summer, assuming that we are facing another season in the PL, I would have thought.

Greenock Morton is the only ground in Scotland I’ve been to. Very enjoyable clash V St Mirren.
I went to a Hibs v Dundee Utd match back in the early noughties- a very entertaining 3-2 win for the Hibs …
It was on the same day as the Dyer/Bowyer Newcastle punch-up .

I enjoy watching Marcondes in the warm up - just loves being on the pitch with the ball. Must be frustrated at lack of game time

Not so sure we won't be signing anyone in this window.

Wouldbt be surprised at all to see a new face or two arrive before window closes. Likely stuff going on behind the scenes.

Clearing deck to facilitate incoming players, ratger than some kind of drastic cost cutting exercise imo. If it was cost cutting with no new players, we'd have seen more players leave in the summer imo. Doubt the board have suddenly thought half way through the season 'oh sh1t' we need to shed a load of squad players to meet ffp demands.

Going by the Opta power rankings (and I don't know what else there is to go by for comparing disparate leagues), unless you are Rangers or Celtic, the Scottish Premiership are at or near the bottom of the Championship. I can't see how Marcondes can do anything but help Hibernian.
Yeah.

Although the way we comfortably walked Hibs off the park in pre season without barely breaking into a sweat, makes me wonder about the gulf and them being more akin to a league 2 side.

Not sure it'd have been that easy against any English Championship club?

Eye catchingly poor. But perhaps they had an off day. Doubt Pompey or other league 1 clubs would been that bad.

Yeah.

Although the way we comfortably walked Hibs off the park in pre season without barely breaking into a sweat, makes me wonder about the gulf and them being more akin to a league 2 side.

Not sure it'd have been that easy against any English Championship club?

Eye catchingly poor. But perhaps they had an off day. Doubt Pompey or other league 1 clubs would been that bad.
My statement about the lesser Scottish teams was not a precise one, I was looking at a stack of the Championship and the Scottish Premiership. Here are the teams around Hibs, currently ranked 732:

1705974438260.png

Rotherham are bottom of the Championship at the moment, current rank 607.

1705974596469.png
Peterborough are top of League One, rank 346:
1705975003610.png
Your pre-season "eye test" is not far wrong, I'd say. Marcondes has to be an upgrade.

;