Energy off the ball

Waz afcb

Fans' Favourite
Is it just me or was there a really noticeable step up in intensity off of the ball today? I’ve seen a few people say that we won because Huddersfield played into our hands, I don’t agree with this and I think it does that performance a disservice. I’m not sure Huddersfield set up entirely differently to the way Reading did to be honest, we just won the midfield battle today due to our intensity levels.
Thoughts?

Ignore dragonm8 he’s still upset about merged threads.

It does seem Lewis Cook had another fantastic game in the middle, like Willo said perhaps we have found our strongest starting 11 now?
Don’t really want to ignore him tbh, he’s quite funny. At least he’s saying what he feels and expressing an opinion!

Cook is starting to look very impressive. He played vs Reading too and we lost the midfield battle in that one though, he was one of our better players in that game however. I feel like the team as a whole was far more intense off the ball today. There were a few occasions where they passed through Cook into a dangerous area in midfield, but each time bodies were busting a gut to get back and support. This happened Vs Reading too but there wasn’t this same effort to get back.

Nope....

You've been plotting our downfall for the last 6 months Waz.

You've made yourself look like a giant maggot prosthetic fanny.

Don’t really want to ignore him tbh, he’s quite funny. At least he’s saying what he feels and expressing an opinion!

Cook is starting to look very impressive. He played vs Reading too and we lost the midfield battle in that one though, he was one of our better players in that game however. I feel like the team as a whole was far more intense off the ball today. There were a few occasions where they passed through Cook into a dangerous area in midfield, but each time bodies were busting a gut to get back and support. This happened Vs Reading too but there wasn’t this same effort to get back.
We lack consistency - both some individual players, and the team as a whole.

Ignore dragonm8 he’s still upset about merged threads.

It does seem Lewis Cook had another fantastic game in the middle, like Willo said perhaps we have found our strongest starting 11 now?

I would like to think Cantwell will often start.

10 matches in 35 games at the back end of a long season means the key to success will be how Parker manages the needed rotation during the run in. We won't be able to play the same team in every match.

Today was all about getting the best partnerships we could on the pitch and making it work. However, we're fortunate to have a really deep squad and now it's finally looking like we don't have 6+ out injured (first time this season perhaps?) intelligent use of the options should allow us to keep things fresh.

;